Seven(?) against the Convergence

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Re: Seven(?) against the Convergence

Post by Alberich »

"Well, he might," said Tim. "You don't live that long, with that much responsibility, without having a lot of cares. But he still does his duty. Here, let me help you with that." He stepped over to help her pick up the pot with the iron rations that had fallen with such a clatter. "Were you trying to cook these with magic or something?"
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

OOC: I'm back. I've actually been back, but no one has gone to visit Desiree so... yeah. .... /OOC
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

OOC Rose and Therese were heading in Desiree's direction with a roll and a barely restrained libido respectively. Is Grey back tomorrow? If not, here's a hook for you Dru. Rose and Therese could always have moved by the time the others arrive if you want to add retrospective details./OOC

Tamina took umbrage to Tim's comment about her people 'not having much responsibility', although she managed to keep her face straight. What did a human know about a hunter's charge of providing food to a whole community? Or providing medical care in an environment with a hundred different predators and poisons waiting for the unwary? From what she'd seen of human priests so far she didn't hold them in reverence; reading droning tedious passages at bored looking crowds seemed like an attempt to avoid hard work to her. However, showing the Priest her anger might in turn show her suspicion of him. She answered his question truthfully enough though.

"Just practising magic without touching things. Been learning how from Argus. Could be useful to the Killikah." She glanced at the doorway as the Brother put the pot back on it's stand. "Umm... thanks. Should go and check and Desiree though. She's my patient. My responsibility."

Well... ok. She didn't conceal her irritation that well.

OOC Feel free to have Tamina (and Tim if he follows) arriving at Desiree's cabin on your next post Dru. Get another one in in the meantime if you like Al./OOC
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

For his part, Argus had decided to lay down for a bit of a nap. Try as he might, he couldn't ignore the sound of Harker sketching away in the corner, humming merrily as he did so.

Honestly, he really didn't want to know. He'd long since given up trying to control Harker.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

"Just practising magic without touching things. Been learning how from Argus. Could be useful to the Killikah."

Tim pursed his lips slightly at that "without touching things." Well, she hadn't broken anything fragile and there was nothing wrong with that.

"Umm... thanks. Should go and check and Desiree though. She's my patient. My responsibility."

"Good idea," said Tim. He detected but did not comprehend the note of irritation in the kobold's voice. In his own mind he hadn't been suggesting kobolds lacked responsibility, only pointing out that the amount Amalric had carried for so many years was quite enough to explain his serious and irritable demeanor. But language barriers were tricky things, and a single uncomprehended "without" could change a whole meaning.

He took a step or two after the kobold, then checked himself. It was best to let her go alone. With three skilled healers, all female, crowding around her, Desiree would not need his attentions. The worst of the damage had all been healed, Tamina really had taken the lead in doing it, Desiree herself had enough skill to see to her own wounds once she was awake, and...well, damn it, he really needed to stop leaping so fast to take an interest in Desiree's body. Or wanting to take credit for the healing he'd done himself. Better and healthier all around if she thought it had been Tamina and Rose alone. He nodded. That was it.

So he went to see whether Father Amalric needed him on the bridge.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"Hi Dezzy!" Tamina greeted the half-elf with her usual cheerfulness as she entered her cabin. Tim's departure to report to his superior had lifted the nerves which had dogged her since he'd cornered her in the supply room.

'Not that he was anything else than friendly...' She chided herself. '...still, you're not one hundred percent sure about him one way or the other yet...'

No. It was an issue which could be dealt with later. Checking on her patient was more important.

"Just checking to see the healing magics worked." She said. "Glad you're ok."

OOC I'm leaving it ambiguous whether or not Rose and Therese are there. I'll leave to you whether those two moved on 'Dezzy'. She's got a couple of big furry ears to talk to now. :)/OOC
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: Back in touch but unable to write more until later today. More follows. Rose and Therese would be awake and on the bridge, trying to figure out what Amalric is up to -- which will happen soon enough.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Ooc: still intermittent, but a quick thing:

Sister Rose knocked again at Desiree's cabin door, and this time, when it opened so that she could pass along some food, she had an odd look on her face.

"The strangest thing," she told the half elf. "I asked Amalric when he thought we would be able to get you home ... and he just said 'sooner than you think.'"

Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

"The strangest thing," she told the half elf. "I asked Amalric when he thought we would be able to get you home ... and he just said ,sooner than you think.'"

I frown. "Where does he mean? Where does he think I'm from?" I don't like to consider security risks to Snamish. If Amalric knows about Snamish, somehow, then... I may need some help. Mother would want the problem taken care of, and I'm hardly going to be able to pull something like that off. Well, maybe if he seemed to like me at all.

"Hi Dezzy!"

"Hi Tamina," I reply, giving her a quick smile. I'm not sure if Tamina's presence will hinder Rose's ability to speak on this matter. I hope not - if he thinks I'm from the Northern Confederacy, or even Santuriel, then there's no problem. Things only get messy if he knows I'm from Veracia or if he somehow knows about Snamish.

... wait. Rose never reported on Snamish to her superiors. Did she?

-- Desiree

OOC: I wasn't sure if Therese was here as well, so I didn't mention her either way.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: Rose would never, under any circumstances, have told Amalric, or anyone else in the Veracian Church, about Snamish. She's nearly as protective about the place as a Snamishite, being that she used to be married to one and is still very fond of Kenny's family -- not to mention that to do otherwise would be a big violation of her sense of honor. (Although there's more to it than that, as will be seen.) Desiree need not worry on that count. Rose would, however, have given Amalric the impression that Desiree wanted to go home to "somewhere" in Veracia. His curious response would have been to the assumption that once she got Desiree as far back toward home as Saus (or, as applicable, Emerylon), things would take care of themselves. You can assume that Rose answers Desiree with reassurances on that count, although I'm not in a position right now to actually write her response.

I'm going to be out of touch again (incredibly out of touch) starting tomorrow morning for about three days, then intermittent for three more. Back to full access next weekend, and we can move this thing toward a grand finale as far as the BBEG is concerned.