Seven(?) against the Convergence

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Re: Seven(?) against the Convergence

Post by Drusia »

The pain fades. And, instead, I feel the soft pressure of lips on mine - female lips, and a slender hand touching my face.

I must be dead. Anilis is welcoming me to her side. I suppose it stands to reason that Anilis would welcome her chosen like this.

I wasn't expecting Anilis to be so... furry.

Also - ow. If I'm dead and in Anili's embrace, then why do I still hurt (albeit less than I did a moment ago)? And why is the goddess leaving and... is someone carrying me.

Oh. Healing spell, not the goddess. From Tamina, hence the furry. Mm... no wonder my mother liked her.

I try to focus, but I'm still hurt and woozy and... possibly halucinating. And wet and sticky. From blood? That would explain the halucinations - I must've come close to bleeding out.

I should thank Tamina for saving my life.

"Your mouth tastes like a stary night," I try to tell her, but what comes out of my mouth sounds more like "uhmmfaat'kaarrhg."

That's too bad. I want to tell her properly, later, when there aren't so many waterfalls flying about. And where did that turtle go - it's hiding, I think, at the corner of my eye.

But yes, I need to thank Tamina properly. Healing is a very intimate thing, after all. Tamina shared some of her life with me. That's, like, very sexual, if you think about it. I should tell that to Tim - I bet he'd blush. He's cute when he blushes. Too bad he's always being so bitchy.

"He just needs to get laid," I proclaim to whomever is listening. Although, again, my mouth seems to be very rubbery at the moment because what it sounds like I said is "eeuuteeetagaalaa..." which is far too many vowels if you ask me.

Oh look, a ponty bird. Oh pointy pointy.

-- Desiree

OOC:
Edit: Edited Desiree's incomprehensible moans slightly to make them a tad closer to what she was saying.
Oh, and in case it isn't obvious, Desiree is going to be useless until after the battle and some rest (and some more healing and/or blood replacement of some sort).
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

"Just a few minutes more," said Tim, "and you'll be able to lie still." Major healing like this left a person unconscious for a while, and Desiree must be very resilient to have said so much.

To Tamina he added, "I think she'll be sleeping a while once we get her in place." He puffed out the words as he was hustling along as fast as he could, to bring her to safety and rest. He figured they'd be a good part of the way to the Northern Confederacy before she awoke. Because of course now Rose wouldn't hear of sending her anyplace safe. The best he could hope for was that Desiree would learn from this experience and follow his earlier admonition. But "hope for" didn't cover it. "Pray for, and don't expect the prayer to be granted," that was more the thing.

Meanwhile, several security personnel had gotten between the elf and the passengers being hustled onto the ship. They were not full-fledged battlemages and were less than happy about starting anything. But orders were orders and they had to keep him off the rest of their passengers. Maybe these strange foreigners running up would do something about him?
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

The elf glowered silently at Sister Rose, who was as scared as she'd ever been in her life. She was dimly aware of Argus and Therese approaching, but they weren't going to get there in time to --

The elf spoke, in an incongruously high-pitched voice. "Stupid humans," he said, "always poking your noses into matters that do not concern you. This could have been so easy. Now, you've forced me to take down that whole airship, over the ocean somewhere if I can arrange it, and eliminate other witnesses." Magic began to gather. "I'll have to start with you. Nothing personal, you under--"

BOOM!!

Rose's ears rang with the magical explosion, and she flinched backward a step, even as she tried to put up a Barrier spell that was obviously going to be too little, too late. But ... where was the elf? There'd been a tremendous burst of magic where he stood, and now he simply wasn't there any more. It was as if a literal bolt from the blue had vaporized him in his tracks ... and then she looked up, to where Father Amalric's airship was now looming over her, and realized there might just be an element of truth in that description.

"MAJOR! DR. CLEIVIEIN! THERESE! BOARD! NOW!" a thunderous voice boomed from the descending airship, and she stopped asking questions and ran toward its extended ramp.

--------------

Those aboard the airship might have noticed the slightest tremor, and then, might have realized that Amalric was saying the exact words that those on the ground had heard, amplified a thousand times over.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

Tim and Tamina had laid Desiree on the bed in her cabin, the one she'd so recently shared with Anfisa. Once she was properly in place, Tim gave her another examination. He meant to complete the healing process and then leave her to sleep. The wound had been close to fatal, touch and go, but the three skilled healers on the spot had fixed her to the point she could be moved. He expected, and had a right to expect, that he would not be disturbed 'til the healing was done.

When he was sure he could do no more, Tim looked back up at Tamina. "That was brilliant!" he said. "The way you cleared her lung. Under fire, too!" All three had been involved, but it was the kobold who'd taken the lead and done the hardest part. And it had been brilliant and she deserved to be told so.

"Now we just need to clean this blood off her, and we can let her rest." Tim didn't know any Tsuirkuan hygiene spells and would have to use water and towels - or the fancy equipment in the cabin, if it could be made to reach the patient.

It occurred to Tim he'd never really understood why the kobold was helping them. Maybe they should leave Desiree in peace, and go have a talk somewhere else. But no doubt Amalric would have some orders first.

Meantime, the Tsuirakuan airship, with the stunned Anfisa on board, was also moving.
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"That was brilliant! The way you cleared her lung. Under fire, too! Now we just need to clean this blood off her, and we can let her rest."

"T-thanks, just 'membered something my teacher taught me, that's all." Tamina replied, a little embarrassed despite herself. The salty taste of blood was still in her mouth, and she was craving a drink something fierce, but she felt pride at her assistance nevertheless. She made a quick scurry to the entrance of the ship, staring intently at the situation in the terminal as she spoke to the priest.

"Think Rose is ok. I was worried for a minute, but..." She frowned and glanced back inside. "Where's An-fi-sa? Anyone seen her?"
Last edited by Jack Rothwell on August 20th, 2013, 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Sister Rose, Therese and Argus came pounding up the ramp, to be met at the top by a frowning Father Amalric. "Took you long enough," he grumped. "Your colleagues are on board, except for the woman from the Northern Confederacy, who seems more interested in going to Tsuirakushiti." He shrugged. "No loss. Now get battened down, we depart immediately."

"Where's ... Desiree?" Rose puffed. She was glad to see that she was no more winded than Therese, who had to be seven or eight years younger than she was and in fighting condition, and she was immensely gratified that Argus had made the dash to the airship without obvious ill effects as well. All three were still plenty tired, however.

"She is here, and she will live," Amalric said. "Now batten down." He pushed a button that raised the ramp.

Rose wasn't quite through. "The elf... did you... how did you... is he dead?"

Amalric's glare hardened. "What happened to the elf is of no concern to you, and I neither confirm nor deny that he is dead. I do wish, however, that you were able to solve your own problems without having to tap into the resources of this ship. Now I will have less power available to deal with the real enemy when the time comes. That is ... unfortunate. Please excuse me." He turned back to the controls, leaving Rose to wonder about something he'd said.

"Now 'I' will have less power available" ... not "we". Are we the ones who are surplus baggage here? All of us, not just Desiree and the absent Anfisa?

That was an interesting thought... but she laid it aside for the moment once she saw Tamina.

Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

"Where's An-fi-sa? Anyone seen her?"

"I think Therese was up closest to where she was," said Tim, for Therese and Rose had been spying out the platform before the fight had happened. "How about it - did you see?"

He also told Rose what state Desiree was in - "I expect she'll be out for a few hours. Tamina here did an incredible job on her lungs - she'd've suffocated without that - and now she needs just a little rest."
Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"Rose!" The kobold exclaimed as the the nun made her appearance. Her nerves were clearly cranked up between the sudden explosions, magic and frantic retreat to the safety of the airship as her speech had turned rapid-fire. "You k? Argus k? Was worried! Thought the elf was gonna get you! I was busy helping Dezzy. Sorry I couldn't help."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"In a minute," Therese replied, and she pushed past Tim toward the cabin where Desiree lay. The airship was lifting, but she didn't even wobble.

For a moment she just stood looking at the half elven woman, unconscious on the bunk. Her breathing seemed even and she was resting peacefully, but she was dreadfully pale, as if there wasn't much blood left in her. A slight mist of tears formed in the corners of Therese's eyes. "Thank the Five Great Mothers," she said softly, and applied a soft touch to introduce her own healing magic; at least she could speed up the blood replacement just a little.

This done, she bent and placed a soft, chaste kiss on Desiree's lips before she straightened and left the cabin.

------------

"Everybody's fine," Sister Rose reassured Tamina. She smiled softly. "That was a very brave, and very wonderful, thing that you and Tim did. I don't know what happened to the elf, but I don't think he'll be bothering us any more." Although I wish I knew why Amalric was so coy about that. She turned and waited for Therese to emerge from the cabin.

Jack Rothwell
Teller of Tales

Post by Jack Rothwell »

"Oh! Umm, thanks!" Tamina replied to Rose's compliments. "Leli, m' elder, was good with the healing magics, taught me a lot. I used Argus' lessons as well. But... what 'bout Anfisa? She's going somewhere? She gonna be ok by herself?"