Port Lorrel

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
AdamZero
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: Port Lorrel

Post by AdamZero »

As she drank Jamie would see a sight of Marcus, far younger, being punched by a man bearing resemblance to himself. Marcus fell against a wall in a barn. Hay and animals rustled around them between a breeze and frustration respectively. The man stared at Marcus with disgust.

"Why'd I sire a runt like you...." He said before the vision faded.

---

Marcus looked around as the lupus quickly died one after an other.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Blinking, I set aside the bottle. "Uh... that's some... good stuff?" I shrugged. I had no idea what had sent me on that flight of fancy, but a gunfight was not the time for it. Although it certainly was time for a good root beer. I finished reloading, firing a couple of times, then quickly surveyed the situation.

After a moment, I turned to Lucas. "Hey! Guideboy! There's a wagon headed this way. You order us some transportation?"
Last edited by Sareth on October 3rd, 2008, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

The wagon arrived just as the last lepivore went belly up, still floating in mid-air. "Well, ah guess ah timed it right," the rustic holding the reins said. "Ah 'preciate what yew-all done here. Them rabbits been the real menace 'round here, took three head of mah cattle last month. Least I can do to say thankee is give yew-all a ride towards wherever yew-all's goin' to. Where be that?" He dismounted from the wagon to help get the travelers aboard.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
AdamZero
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by AdamZero »

As the wagon approached, Boris has slipped back into a folding position and hidden himself under Marcus's cloak. It gave the boy a bit of a deformed shoulder line, but that wasn't odd in his day. Staff in one hand, drink in the other, Marcus took a long draft as the rest of the group gathered and made to board the wagon.

"To the blasted amusement park in the Mountains of Madness," He heard Lucas grumble. Marcus nodded as he made to hook Jamie by the arm, feeling rather cheery for some reason.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"Oi!" I said, feeling a hand snake around my elbow. "What's that all about?" I slapped the hand away, though without too much conviction to it. Sure, he'd felt me up, but that really had been an accident. He'd also given me a nice little bottle of root ale. Rather tasty. And I'd just gotten to shoot a whole bunch of fuzzy things. That always made me feel a bit more heritable. As such, I decided I'd let Marcus keep his hand.

I did, however, lean in a bit closer to Marcus in order to whisper softly, "did you catch a word of that? I'm not even sure what language that was..."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

The farmer whistled. "Fur piece from here," he declared. "Can't get yew-all all the way thar today, and the missus needs me home tonight, but tell you what: ah'll haul yew-all up the road a piece, anyways, thar's a little inn yew-all kin probly stay in." Why were all of the travelers looking at him funny? "Then it's about another day on into thet volcano-burg place."

He shook the reins and the horses started to move. "Least ah kin do, sincet yew-all offed all them critters for me," he called back over his shoulder.

AdamZero
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by AdamZero »

"Its called an 'accent' people who live far enough out of 'modern' civilization develop a sort of 'oral shorthand'." He rolled his wrist, glad he still had it. "My dad was a stickler for proper grammar though...." Marcus's voice lowered. "Among other things..." His grip on the staff clenched as he took a long drink from his bottle.

He sighed and looked to Jamie, smiling a bit. "As for the arm bit, I apologize if I offended you... Its just been a while since I met people whom I don't see as a total idiot, zealot, freak, and/or direct danger to my life..." He smiled and looked away. "Specially not a good looking one..." He added in and undertone, climbing onto the back of the wagon with the rest, before turning around, setting the now empty bottle on the wagon's floor... and reaching for Jamie's hand.

He could sense a faint trace of death behind him, under the hay. The shape of it made him think gun. He sighed and rolled his shoulder.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: It's a natural time for a break here, if this "inn" that the farmer mentioned doesn't have anything weird about it. Of course, it always could have something weird ... but this is an opportunity to get the action a little closer to the Mountains of Madness and advance the calendar a bit, by picking up the action at, or on the way to, Volkanenborg. What are people's druthers?

Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

OOC: Agreed. Besides, we're about as far away from Port Lorrel a we can be while still justifying that we're in the Port Lorrel thread. I think it's about time we moved on to the glistening metropolis of Volkanenborg, home of the Farrelian corporate branch office of Mesuinu Industries...
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
AdamZero
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by AdamZero »

ooc: I'm in for that.