Port Lorrel

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Re: Port Lorrel

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Vinnie/Lucas politely excused himself from the table, made a brief inquiry with a different waitress about the facilities, and vanished behind a small set of saloon-style doors. A few minutes later, Lucas (no longer in Vinnie guise) returned, looking somewhat palid, and sat down.

"My disguise spell was failing... I could feel it." He answered their blank 'what happened?' chorus of stares. "Had to get out of public view, figured that one man leaving and another man returning would be less noticable than me suddenly transforming. Relax, though... if mine wore off now, that means you've got about another 3 hours on yours. That should be enough time to get everyone back to the lodgings and safely indoors 'afore your own effects wear off."

Lucas thoughtfully chewed on a chunk of steak, then in a louder voice asked. "Where the hell is our beer?"
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"Ha ha," I muttered as the waitress left and Roger gave me his little snarky commentary. "So help me Roger, I am selling you to the first lonely troll I find..."

I continued to work at that blasted bonnet as Vinnie left and Lucas returned. Iwas all the more determined to remove it after Roger's commentary. I rather doubted that I was really likely to attract the sort of attention Roger was suggesting, but damnit, this was NOT funny! I was NOT a loli! And why couldn't I undo an illusionary knot on an illusionary bit of doll clothing anyway? "Gawda"

The thunk of several mugs hitting the table top finally distracted me from fighting that fake fippery. "Ah! Exce..." I paused in my over-educated sounding words. "Er... Yay!" I said, trying to sound cutesy. "Now, how about that..." I trailed off as the waitress hurries off, tossing an odd look over her shoulder. "Well, that was odd..."

"Yeah." Roger was staring after her, a suspicious look on his face. Clearly he was distracted by the strange behavior of the waitress.

Perfect.

I snagged Roger's mug and took a major pull of his beer.

And immediately slammed the mug to the table top, slopping beer all over the place as I coughed like I'd never coughed before. That stuff was... I was... HOLY SHI

"Jamie?" Roger grabbed my shoulder. Well, actually he tried, but instead he managed to slam his hand painfully into my chest before groping it up to where my shoulder actually was. I have no idea what the illusion made it look like. I only hoped it didn't look like a fat man was feeling up a little girl. "Jamie? You okay?"

Across the table, the other members of the group were watching as well, looks of concern on their face. Well, Ayiee, didn't look too concerned. She was more just kind of sitting there, like a blue skinned automaton. But everyone else was staring with worry writ large on their face.

I finally drew in a breath.

"'is na beer..." *GASP*

"What?" Roger looked alarmed. "Poison?"

"Rotgut." *PANT* "Tha beer wa laced wi rotgut. Muss be 100 proof now!"
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

From a second-story window across the alley, Omar heard the gasping and hacking, could see a little of the exchange through the front window at Geno's. He was puzzled: who'd want to spike a little kid's drink? Or maybe it wasn't the kid's drink -- wasn't it a beer that was spiked? Maybe they were having him watch the wrong person in this odd party.

No matter; he was just there to observe, not get involved (he shuddered at what would happen to him if he did get involved). Besides, the occupants of the flat that he'd broken into to get his viewing angle might come back at any time. He made a note in his notebook: "spiked drink? huh?" and resumed watching and listening, hoping the restaurant didn't fill up and get noisy to where he'd have to find a closer place for his reconnaissance, since there really wasn't one except the restaurant itself.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

Winston watched the "loli's" misfortune with amusement. Jonathan hid his face behind his hand; it had taken everything he had not to crack a smile at the hideous disguise on Roger (although the illusion spell itself was decent, he admitted), but this was just too much. Because he was trying to keep himself from laughing, he didn't notice Winston jump up onto Jamie's head in time to stop him. The child-like shriek of outrage finally cracked Jonathan's facade entirely, and he burst out laughing.

Winston, evading Jamie's clumsy (and drunken) attempts to dislodge him, springboarded from Jamie's head back towards Jonathan, who was still distracted from laughing. The impact knocked his chair over, which stopped the laugher and started a string of curses that had several nearby patrons literally cover their ears. After disentangling himself from the cat, Jonathan pulled himself back up and righted his chair. He then sat down as though nothing had happened. Noticing Jamie's glare, he said "If you like, I can try to push some of the alcohol out of your system. I'm not exactly a life mage, though, so I can't say how effective it'll be."
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"No... s'alright. I'll be fine." I said. I think. I think I said that, I mean. To Winston. I said it to Winston.

Damn, that was some good stuff. Hit damn quick!

"Just keep that flying pest away. I got enough problems with things on my head," I gave a jerk at the fake bonnet, failing again to remove it.

I reached over and snagged the mug of beer a second time, managing to get a couple swallows before a protesting Roger got it away from me.

"Stop that! You're under age! I'm going to get into so much trouble... Contributing to the intoxication of a minor," he complained.

"Eh, keep yer shirt on. I can hold my... *HURP!* liqueur."

"Twelve year olds aren't supposed to even try to hold their liqueur." Roger's finger waved at me as he quickly poured the last of the tainted beer into a potted plant that immediately began to look the worse for wear.

"Hey! That was a gift! Yeah! A gift! You're wasting goew gee... good! good rotgut!"
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

The waitress suppressed a chuckle as she went to answer the back door again. That hadn't been her plan, it really hadn't, but she couldn't complain about the way it worked out -- what's a job without humor, after all? Her smile only faded a little when she saw who was at the door, for the second time. "I told you it wouldn't hurt her," he said. "And don't worry about getting busted for contributing; there won't be any cops coming by for a while."

She didn't ask how he knew that, but the mention of the police did interrupt the smile. "Look, I have other customers in there. What do you want now?"

"Nothing much, just give her this when she stops coughing." And he handed her a slip of paper with four lines scribbled on it:

Eisenfaust
Linden Street
Come alone
Eat this after you read it, it's rice paper

The man smiled and left without another word.

Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

Lucas quickly wiped his hands off on his coat, then pulled out a small crystaline device, looked at it for a second, then slipped it back into his pocket. "I think maybe we should pay and retreat, before Jamie does something that he... we... are going to regret. Just checked; the hotel rooms should be ready by now. I had to make some modifications to the original bookings to account for the extra bodies we've picked up." He pulled a handful of strange coins from a black bag, then put them on the table. "You guys take Farellian standard here, right?"
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"You worry too much. Not gonna do nuttin," I muttered. Lucas, I was quickly deciding, was a wet blanket. I mean, sheesh. One little drink...

"Oh, Ferellian standard?" The waitress pondered that for a second. "Yeah, of course we take that. But if you could give us exact change? Here, let me..." She leaned over, one hand pushing the coins around into proper stacks of values. The other landed in my lap.

"Hey!" I yelped. "What are you... What kind of..."

"Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't mean anything by it." The waitress didn't look particularly sorry to me. What kind of place had we come to? Stalkers in the streets eyeing young girls, waitresses that feel up loli...

I lept to my feet. "I'm getting mighty tired of... Woo..."

Gravity, it seemed, had suddenly become a negotiable comodity. I don't know who cast the spell that did it, but all of a sudden the walls and floor were galluping and rolling most peculiarly. The oddness was effecting my head, too, making it feel all kinds of fuzzy around the edges. Given the fact that the rules of up and down had suddenly become far less reliable, I did the only sensible thing.

I fell over.

Laying on the floor, staring at the feet of several people, I noticed something flutter to the floor beside me. It looked to be a note. One starting with the word, "Eisenfaust." Distracted from my righteous outrage at flexible rules of physics and touchy feely child molesters, I quickly read the rest of the note, then, as ordered, ate it. Fighting the curious fog that seemed to have been cast over my senses, I quickly decided that Lucas was right, though not for the right reason. We did need to get out of here.

"Oooooooh. I don't feel so good..." I whined, trying my best to sound like a ten year old who had eaten too much candy.

It'd serve Roger right if he had to carry me and pretend I weighed fifty pounds...
Last edited by Sareth on August 12th, 2008, 8:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: Why wouldn't a Farrelian restaurant take Farrelian currency? Am I missing something? Back IC, or at least in "secondary" character that I won't use again, feel free to do with Omar as you will:]

Omar watched from a safe distance as the odd party left the restaurant. He was pretty sure now that there were Illusion spells at work here, and one of them didn't seem to be functioning quite properly. Why else would the statuesque woman (woman?) have pale blue skin? Unless ... He made an entry in his notebook.

The group went into a mildly seedy, yet not hopelessly run-down, hotel with a sign out front proclaiming it the "World Traveler Inn." Well, that would do it for his surveillance; people from his ... organization ... were quite emphatically not welcome inside this particular hotel, and there were bullet holes in the wall to testify to that fact. Was that coincidence, or had the group's leader picked that place on purpose? He didn't know, but either way, he'd done what he was required to do. He made his report and went home to sleep, not realizing that he too was being watched, by someone who had no great love for him and his organization...

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

[OOC: Cause the director of that scene is a dumb ass, and this will be pointed out on the bloopers and out takes section on the DVD release? Eh. I'll go fix it.]

[EDIT: And done.]