Volkanenborg

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Re: Volkanenborg

Post by Sareth »

As I topped the ridge, I came to a pause. In the moonlight I could see two figures. Unfortunately, I couldn't really make out any details.

"What the hell? Blowing up bridges, delivering messages, hanging out on ridges... This must be the busiest wood on the planet! Is there anyone actually in bed tonight?"

I drew a pair of pistols and began skirting around the edge of the ridge, trying to get around unnoticed.
AdamZero
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by AdamZero »

(ooc: gonna wing it)

The ground was hard under my boots as we kept walking up the dark path, the coffin and its bearers were still a ways ahead of us, but as it stood that didn't matter. What mattered was one of the first necromancers, specifically one of the first BAD necromancers, worse still, the first bad, SKILLED, necromancer was a few feet behind me, and could kill me with a wave of his hand.

There was something about that hair though. The hair the guy was stuffing into a envelope on the way out. It was really.... really... tacky.

Somehow I felt that Lucas was, for the moment, not as screwed as he thought he was. Or had thought he was. Or maybe he was even more screwed. Cause if that crazy lady had siblings, also being crazy, and one of them was in front of me....

I was so totally hosed.
"Now he's gone too far. NOONE ATTACKS AMERICA'S FOOD COURTS!" -Deadpool.
"Don't be so naive. I've got ulterior motives. MANY. Two, maybe three. Probably Four. I am one BIG ulterior motive." The Great Teacher, Onizuka Eikichi.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"Did she get the message?" Elke asked the large man as he returned to the inn.

"Well, I delivered it," he said. "She doesn't seem like the type to follow instructions well, though."

"Yeah, that's a reasonable statement..."

-----------

"Hold it," said the man with the rifle, standing at the mine entrance. "Say the word."

"Crazy lady," Hymie answered. Presumably this guy was bright enough to figure out that the password would cover all the people carrying the coffin, although he would never be mistaken for a Tsuirakuan archmage.

It worked. The man stepped aside to admit the five co-conspirators and their cargo. Once through the ramshackle door with its padlock replaced, he asked, "Where is everybody else?"

"Guido and Cosimo are down with Sherry and the red guy," Hymie said. "There's been a complication. Some kid saw us and started to do something stupid. Neverinal is acting like the kid is some sort of exotic mage. He wants to question him. They'll be not far behind us, I think."

"Questioning... yeah." Hymie could see the man smiling widely and a bit madly. The torchlight was enough to reveal a look in his eyes that even Hymie found a bit unsettling... He looked away as the man said, "Why don't you take the guest of honor back to her guest quarters, and I'll get some hot pokers ready."

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Cautiously, I snaked my way around the edge of the clearing on the ridge. The pair of figures standing there seemed to be quite willing to allow me to get along, though I got this distinct feeling they somehow knew I was there. That was not a particularly happy thing to feel, let me tell you. For someone used to being free to sneak around without being constantly watched, it was quite disturbing.

Sadly, I had the feeling I was going to have to get used to that. Friggin spyjuice.

Once I'd clearly gotten clear of the clearing (and gotten that idiotic play on words out of my head) I took up a nice, steady pace towards Volkanenborg. Course, nice and steady might count as a slight exaggeration, given that I'd been without sleep for a while now, and really was beginning to feel it. Still, I managed to make town around... Oh, I dunno... Three in the morning? Something like that. Hard to figure out exact time when the moon looks slightly blurry because your vision is refusing to totally behave.

At that point, I had to make a decision. I could head for the inn, crash, get some sleep... And probably get found by my mother and grilled as to when I would be pushing grandkids out of my nethers. Or, I could go to the inn I saw Elke slip into earlier, and give her a wake up call. Given the wrench that had been thrown into my plans, waking Elke up seemed like a much more satisfying response. Be nice to one up her for once.

Retracing my earlier steps, I relocated the inn I'd seen her enter, and slid on inside myself. Casually strolling up to the desk, I smiled, and then realized the one flaw in this plan of mine.

I had no idea what room Elke would be in.

Now what?
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

One of the nice things about the ... exciting ... afternoon that Elke and Mr. Stagpoole had had was that it provided ample inducement for them to get to sleep early. Unfortunately, that had its down side as well; by three o'clock in the morning, Elke was sleeping only very lightly, and when Jamie came into the inn (slamming the front door as usual), she woke with a mild curse. "I bet I know who that is," she mumbled while getting dressed, noting with a small bit of resentment that Mr. Stagpoole was continuing to snore.

Elke slipped out the door and saw that her guess was right. After briefly toying with the idea of inviting Jamie in for a threesome (interesting concept, but bad opsec, and besides, Mr. Stagpoole was showing signs of being out for a while yet), she walked up to the sleepy desk clerk and plunked a small bag of coins on the desk. "I'll pay for her room," she said. "Jamie, see if you can get some sleep, because we have some work to do in the morning."

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

I eyed the pouch full of coins, then I eyed Elke, then I glanced at the desk clerk behind the counter. Elke had been spying on me for days, sent some bruiser to wake me from a sound sleep who then instructed me like some flunky, got me all twisted about making me head back to town where I ran the risk of being found by my mother and told to go home and be a good girl, probably had blown up the bridge just to make it impossible for me to get to the mountains easily, and she had just waltzed into the lobby wearing a rather shocking (and intriguing) bit of night clothes, plunked down a bag of coins, and bought me a room like that was sufficient to forgive her.

Okay, so I'm cheap.

"Sure, no problem. See you in the *YAWN* morning then."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: Any objections to fast-forwarding the action to the next morning? Or should we play out the scenes with Marcus and the red-hot pokers, Lucas in his thrashing around with Annika trying to figure out where everyone is, Layla changing diapers, etc., in gory detail?

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

OOC: I'm good either way.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

(OOC - "Preparing to fast forward, sir!" "Preparing to fast forward!" "Enough with the preparing, just do it already!")
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

OOC: I suddenly have an urge to add a Druish Princess to the game...