Waldhaxen Channel

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
AdamZero
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: Waldhaxen Channel

Post by AdamZero »

"Once more unto the boat old friends." Boris laughed, folding up to a compact form. I tossed him in and rested near the stern of then rowboat. I took a draft from my hip flask, watching the clouds swirl.

"We find the weirdest ways to get around; eh, gang?" I laughed. I reclined and turned my gaze to the slab. "Well so long as nothing jumps out and kills us, we should be fine." The ladies made their way into the boat while Lucas spoke with Grope, whatever their journey would be, it parted with us here.

"Good luck, true souls." I barely whispered.

I needed a hat, a proper one.

(ooc: graybeard, if you want to keep up grope's tale. I could draw up a troll character)
"Now he's gone too far. NOONE ATTACKS AMERICA'S FOOD COURTS!" -Deadpool.
"Don't be so naive. I've got ulterior motives. MANY. Two, maybe three. Probably Four. I am one BIG ulterior motive." The Great Teacher, Onizuka Eikichi.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: First of all:
AdamZero wrote:(ooc: graybeard, if you want to keep up grope's tale. I could draw up a troll character)
No need. Grope and the trolls will still pop in from time to time, closing in on the Island of Thralls. That'll have the effect of giving the bird-keepers a little more form and function, so that when the merry crew gets their boat in Rinkaiel, they'll have something to come attack with it. (Of course, if you want to play a troll, all the better, but don't feel obligated.) In any event, Layla and family are going to be up there in Rinkaiel. Speaking of which, I think this is pretty much a statement that Rinkaiel will be the next venue in this group of threads ... so let's get on with it. ;) /OOC:]

"Very well, then," Grope told Lucas. "Go with your friends and visit the city of the sea people. Get a boat that you can sail back here. We will go to where the bird-keepers are, do -- I think your word is 'reconnaissance' -- and wait for you. Then we will meet up and have a fine fight together." He extended a hand for Lucas to shake, an experience not unlike shaking hands with a steam shovel, and returned to the other trolls.

---------

"Rinkaiel?" Layla said incredulously.

"Oh, they didn't tell you?" Ace replied. "You and your mom are going up there for house-hunting."

"But why?" Layla was getting more confused by the moment. "What business do we have in a place like that?"

Ace considered his answer for a minute; he'd overheard a conversation that he wasn't supposed to have, and he knew more of the answer than he should. He decided to play it straight. "From what I've heard, there's a group of Tsuirakuan expats there --" I guess that sounds better than "exiles" or "resistance movement" -- "that we're trying to drum up some business with. As it happens, some of 'em are willing to work with us on building some magical capabilities. And that includes you. Soc says you're already at the limit of what he can teach you. He's very impressed with you, by the way."

"Well, I guess I'm flattered," Layla allowed. "So we're supposed to go up and start establishing a presence there, while I nominally do magical studies with some of these expats?"

Ace nodded. "That's about the size of it, as I understand it. Faye knows more. Anyway, this trip is just so that you can find a place to live and meet some of the key people. You won't actually be moving for a while. Oh, one other thing: when you do find a place, make sure it has an extra bedroom. I'm going to be making more frequent trips up there --" to see you, whether it's part of an assignment or not -- "and will need a place to crash."

Now that, Layla could deal with. "An extra bedroom?" she grinned evilly. "Why? There's an alternative..."

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: On that note, I'd suggest we draw down the curtain on this thread and fast-forward to Rinkaiel. Anybody got anything they want to do here before the new thread opens?

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

OOC: I'm good with that. Poor Jamie, though. If you all recall from WAY back when things first started, Jamie gets sea-sick. I don't see dangling under a monolith (where are the monkeys with the thighbones, anyway?) being tossed about by wind currents is going to be fun for her. :twisted:
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: OK, so the new thread is open. As usual, I'll leave this one open until tomorrow to tidy up any loose ends, then lock it, and will move it to the "Rear View Mirror" topic later in the week. Anyone who wants to get the Rinkaiel action started during the wee small hours is welcome to; dawn will be breaking soon enough, for those who'd rather wait for daylight.

Incidentally:
Sareth wrote:OOC: I'm good with that. Poor Jamie, though. If you all recall from WAY back when things first started, Jamie gets sea-sick. I don't see dangling under a monolith (where are the monkeys with the thighbones, anyway?) being tossed about by wind currents is going to be fun for her. :twisted:
I really suspect that if the Tsuirakuans know how to keep an island-city floating motionless above their country, they can figure out how to stabilize a stealth vehicle. :? Bon voyage, Jamie and crew...

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Yes, but the boat dangling underneath it?

Speaking of, what is it with us that we'll use row boats every which way we can... except to row on the water? Unorthodox indeed!