Lorenzel and Ramanzel

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Porcelain Fish
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: Lorenzel and Ramanzel

Post by Porcelain Fish »

[OOC: By all means! :) /OOC]
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: OK, new thread going up momentarily, to be called "Lorenzel, Part 2." As usual, I'll leave this one open for a day or so to tie up any loose ends (as I recall, Lillith had asked Argus a question that hadn't been answered yet), then lock it but leave it here for another day or two, then move it to the Rear View Mirror archive.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

(OOC: I think I know which question...)

Argus was very, very quiet during the trip. He had heard Lillith's quiet, almost sad mutter, and it truly struck him to the core.

He had tried to answer her. Tried and looked away in shame. Argus hadn't even been able to look in her direction. How dare he...?

In truth, Argus' cousins et al were not very high on his current list of favorite people. They had basically disowned him along with the rest of the blasted city. He hadn't bothered to try and contact any of them. But Argus knew just how important family was, how it could be a source of inspiration, hope, happiness, support, strength... Had Lillith felt that support? She must have had a community. But he was to afraid... damn him, AFRAID to ask her. Damnation, he was a coward.

Argus glanced up and looked at Lillith briefly, just so briefly, before looking back down at the floor. Slowly, he reached up to touch the letter in his shirt. The letter signed 'Daddy.' He thought of the daughter so like him, whom he hadn't even attempted to contact for the duration of his exile... out of fear.

By all that was sacred... what sort of father was he?

And thus Argus' silence.