Rinkaiel, Part 2

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Re: Rinkaiel, Part 2

Post by Sareth »

I tried to ignore Mother's rather interesting expression. We'd had plenty of arguments in the past day or so, ever since Marcus had flown the coop unwillingly, courtesy of the craziest female troll I'd ever hoped to meet. The look on his face, along with the peculiar expression on Lucas' face as well as they had both been knocked into a boat by a crazed troll woman who had then managed to trip over the release mechanism and into the now plunging boat with them would probably keep me in stitches for the rest of my life. Well, until my mind replayed Ayiee swan diving after the plummeting boat. A pity, that...

"Well, there's the thing," I said. "A ride might be nice if I knew where I" *THWACK* "OW! Where we are going."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"Well, there's the thing," I said. "A ride might be nice if I knew where I" *THWACK* "OW! Where we are going."

That was actually quite a good question, Layla reflected; the instructions had been to pick these people up at the airship terminal and make sure they came to no harm, but didn't say exactly what to do with them. Well, let's improvise. "Let's head back to our house," she said. "Even though I'm off duty here in Rinkaiel, it's still kind of my job to keep people safe and in one piece." As long as I'm paid, and as long as it isn't my job to cause them to get dead instead. "From the looks of that ship, you must have some people who don't like you much. We've been paid to give you that kind of help, so --"

She was interrupted by a clatter of timbers as the airship released the water-ship from its tractor beam. Between the pirates' attack and the indignities it had suffered being dragged through the sky, there just wasn't enough left to hold the thing together, and it collapsed in a spectacular heap of wood, metal and other things. The surviving Seeadler crew emerged from the pile and bolted for the hills as the airship took off ...

... And Layla could see, on the bridge of the dirigible, her friend Molly giving her a distinct smile and a wink.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

With a wince as things collapsed behind me in a way that didn't need me to look to be able to see what had become of things, I nodded. "Sure, your place sounds good. Our last accommodations are no longer suitable." Then I gave a smile. "Did you say 'vinyard?' I could use a little wine." *WHACK* "Ow!"
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"Sounds good," Layla said, not before quickly exchanging rolled eyes and sardonic smiles with her mother. The family relationship was, well, different here ... "Hop aboard." They set off for the vineyard.

[OOC: Everybody want to take a minute and get introduced?]

kylan.Red
Forum Trainee

Post by kylan.Red »

no idea where connor would be. he hired on to deal with some elves, and that never happend. instead he got scared out of ten years growth, shot some kid, and got slimed! :(
"My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:
Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!"
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: Well, Connor can be wherever you want him to -- riding along to pick up Jamie and family, back at the vineyard licking his wounds, off in Tsuiraku-town (I have it on good authority ;) there's going to be some action there soon...), wandering the waterfront, whatever. Pick a site and go for it! The same with any others (Tess? Rice?) that haven't been heard from for a while. The whole purpose of this little exchange was to "reboot" so that the encounters can resume.

4uk4ata
Errant Scholar

Post by 4uk4ata »

kagome_kino wrote:"oh there you are, that makes much more sense."
Kalin looked at her, his head to one side. He was feeling torn about the girl - he found her likeable enough, on the whole, but something about her disturbed him strongly. Plus, he thought going out would do her some good, she didn't look like she had had enough fresh air recently. "I'm no mister, and I doubt I'll ever be one, so just "Kalin" is fine. "Brother," can also work if you are trying to be official, but I'd rather not be. You must really do something for your eyes, by the way - were you born like that or was it something that happened later?"
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

I hopped into the back of the wagon quite comfortably, not in the least concerned that the sheriff, on duty or off, would notice all the bulges and stiff bits stuffed inside my clothing, or the rifle that was managing to stick out of my bundle of things. Nope. Not concerned at all.

Mother sat beside me and peered my way. "Does Nera need a diaper change?"

I cocked my head a bit, then did a quick check. "No, why?"

"Good," mother replied, snatching Nera away to bobble on her knee and generally fuss over.

I sighed, then turned to our benefactor. "So, you must have interests all over the place, the way we keep running into you."
kagome_kino
Forum Regular

Post by kagome_kino »

"eh I don't think we have progressed far enough in a out relationship for me to call you something like that." Maya put a hand to her face blushing, the disturbing part was trying to tell if she was acting or not. "besides won't Miss Laya be angery? mmm houw about Sir Kalin then?" Maya had already dropped her blush and had a thoughtful look on her face seeming able to drop emotions in an instant that didn't feel forced or faked.

"hmmm as for my eyes if we stopped by a magic shop I am sure they wouold have some espically if it is geared more towards health and fitness, maybe a potion shop as well might have them." she had her eye closed and was rocking her head back and forth as if giving a lecture. "Now the story like I said the whole thing is kinda long and I forget details since I wasn't there, well I was born like this but the cause is not natural that is to say this happened on purpose kind-of." Taking a moment to think it over "well there was some evil mage with a grudge against my father... well that is kind of vauge he has many enemies from his younger days from when he traveld around."

Giving a light cough to get back on track "anyways he apperently spent alot of time to devolpe a curse spefically for my father that is to say it wouldn't really work on anyone else. The thing is my father was in a pinch and was unable to avoid the spell but my mother threw herself in the way of curse. After beatingthe mage my mother was checked out but they didn't find anything wrong with her but unfortunatley she wasn't awar she was pregnant yet, and since half my blood was my fathers the spell left some undesired effect."

"So I was born blind and after my check up my curse was dispelled, but the lingering saturation from the curse remained affecting my eye's. The curse having been there for nine month didn't seem like it was going to be beaten so easily and so far has proven to be most stubborn." Maya had annoyed expression on her face like someone told her the mail was going to be late.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC:
Maya wrote:"hmmm as for my eyes if we stopped by a magic shop I am sure they wouold have some espically if it is geared more towards health and fitness, maybe a potion shop as well might have them."
NOW we're getting somewhere ... I have it on good authority that there's one of those in Tsuiraku-town ... Thanks.

Contribution involving actual "plot" advancement will follow after I have some dinner.