Rinkaiel, Part 2

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Rinkaiel, Part 2

Post by Graybeard »

Layla was ready for Jamie's inquiry. "Yes, my family has business interests all over Farrel," she smiled. "It helps to have a boyfriend who's an airship pilot, which is what I was doing here." It dawned on her that she didn't even mind if Jamie drew the wrong conclusion about Zachary's paternity. Maybe I really am moving on ... maybe. "Let's head for the vineyard. And by the way, what brings you to an out-of-the-way place like this, not to mention wherever that airship rescued you from?"

---------

Speaking of which, a plan was being formulated.

"Then as soon as Layla gets back with the carriage, let's head for Tsuiraku-town and find you a magic shop, or maybe a lifemage," Joe told Maya. "We have a problem, though. The bastard that used that staff on us is likely to recognize you if we run into him there. That probably wouldn't be good. Any ideas how to handle that?"

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"We got a little turned around," I shrugged. "We were attempting to help free captives from a tribe of..." Suddenly it occurred to me that mentioning trolls might be a bit off putting to most. "A tribe of folk that had been enslaved by..." By a sinking ship of swimming bird people? Loony bin territory! "by another group of folk. But then we ran into pirates that almost sank us until..." Until our boat took to the air and flew off. Yeah, very loony bin terri... wait, she saw that last bit. "Until someone picked us up and gave us a lift. Not one of our better rescues."
4uk4ata
Errant Scholar

Post by 4uk4ata »

"eh I don't think we have progressed far enough in a out relationship for me to call you something like that.

What in Luminosita's five names is she talking about, Kalin wondered as he blinked at the girl, confused. Is addressing someone by their first name something that important where she is coming from? He could hardly get used to honorifics when getting it right involved scrubbing the floors of the monastery with a dry mop, and he didn't like them any more now. He listened to her silently, swallowing many questions as she went on and on, with a tale that he hardly considered believable - even as she had little reason to lie. Apparently it was Luminosita's will that he meet her, just as it was to meet Layla and the others.

If only he had a clue why He was bothering to make his life so convoluted. "That's quite th'story," he said, as the girl ((How old does Maya look to be?)) finished her tale. "You really are quite something, miss. But what did your parents do, to anger a wizard like that an' then beat him up, no less? Anyway, care to go outside? The weather's nice, and I'd like to take care of some things as we talk, if you don'mind, of course."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Layla just smiled and nodded at Jamie's "explanation," despite all the holes. We all have our secrets, and whatever hers are, Peter says I don't have the need to know ... I just have to keep her alive.

They got back to the vineyard just as an expedition was about to take off for Tsuiraku-town, and compared notes on what had to be done. "I have some business there too," Layla said. "Need to talk to the people I'll be studying with. Maybe I can do that while you look for something for Maya's eyes. Let's hit the road. Mom, can you watch Zacky for a while? This shouldn't take too long."

[OOC: Sure it shouldn't. :twisted: Let's take a moment and reset who will be going where. Layla will be going in a different direction from everyone else on arrival at Tsuiraku-town, but Joe will go wherever everyone else wants him to -- that's kinda what secondary characters are for. Faye will stay at the vineyard and baby-sit. I assume Jamie and Maya, and probably Connor, will be going with Joe to T-town, right? How about Kalin? Jasmine and Nera could go either way -- Faye wouldn't mind the company...]

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

[OOC]I can see Jamie using this opportunity to sneak away for a little free time away from Jasmine and Nera. Of course, I can also see Jasmine being smart enough to hold Jamie's stuff hostage so that Jamie has to come back... So expect Jamie to want to head to town with no idea what to do with herself there while Jasmine and Nera compare notes with Faye and Zacky.[/OOC]
kagome_kino
Forum Regular

Post by kagome_kino »

OOC: she looks around seventeenish

"oh sure i wouldn't mind going out but uh... may i have permission to borrow your shirt?" Maya left an akward pause "it's just that i still have trouble seeing so walking around a bit is nerve wracking." she held up her hand "if you could just guide me to a sleeve or something i can hold onto that would be fine." Maya took a moment to gather her thought.

"well Mr. Joe since i have no idea what the Mr. who uses the staff looks like I can't say i really do, but I'm sure there are many short haired blind girls who've been saved from his shack by a team of diverse individuals, right?" she sounded bother convinced and hopeful.

"As for the angery wizards you know standard stuff evil necromancer, sexy assian, three kittens, towns people being killed and harassed, undead army, ruler of the world, dark god, that kinda thing." Maya said waving it off nonchalantly as if it was boring news.

Suddenly she heard new voices, one bein Miss Layla and others she didn't recgonize. "Oh Miss. Layla welcome back, hmm more people you saved? perhaps you make a hobby out of this?" Maya tilted her head considering the possibility. "mmm but I have to know what shall you be studying?"
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: Oh man, SUCH an idea this is giving me...]

"mmm but I have to know what shall you be studying?"

Layla cursed inwardly, hoping it didn't show on her face (before it dawned on her that Maya couldn't see it if it did). Damn. I should have had an answer ready for that; it was a perfectly predictable question. So... "Magic for new mothers," she said, trying to put a smile in her voice. "Very basic stuff. This little guy is going to be walking before you know it, and I'd like to be able to do kind of first-aid level magical healing. I'm no mage, but the Tsuirakuans think anybody can learn the basics." She really did smile, thinking she'd dodged that question rather adroitly ...

... And then it dawned on her that she wasn't the only new mom in the room.

Her inward curse was a bit more emphatic as she turned toward Jamie.

kagome_kino
Forum Regular

Post by kagome_kino »

Maya clapped her hands together with a large almost disturbingly cute smile. " Well thats great if you have any questions make sure to ask me! I don't know many spells but they all center around healing and protection, well except pocket dimension but that's just helpful." She walked up to Layla "I was worried about paying you back for rescuing me so don't heisitate for asking for help alright." Maya said cheerily though she was actually facing Jamie but the message probably got across.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

"Um..." I said, staring at this odd woman in front of me. "Are you talking to me? Because I don't remember doing any rescues of... Um... Who are you?"
kagome_kino
Forum Regular

Post by kagome_kino »

Sareth wrote:"Um..." I said, staring at this odd woman in front of me. "Are you talking to me? Because I don't remember doing any rescues of... Um... Who are you?"
"oh dear did you hit your head and catch a cold while you were out Miss. Layla?"