Welcome to the Fanfiction Board (Updated October 2022)

Post your Errant Story, Errant Road, Exploitation Now, and Babylon Jones fanfiction here. Please note that Poe is not allowed to read it.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Welcome to the Fanfiction Board

Post by Graybeard »

Viking-Sensei wrote:I'm working on a "Continuing Adventures of Ralph and Bimbo" idea that I've been mulling over for a few years... I was debating about doing it as part of The Apple of Discord (since they're also cast members there) but I'm not quite sure how to draw some of this stuff so it may be best to tell it in words.
I look forward to this with -- hm -- is there a word for "eager anticipation tinged with feelings of utter dread"?

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

I'm not sure what the word is either, but that's about what I was aiming for on reaction.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

So here's an odd question that occurred to me. What is the policy about using this as a site to post original works? For example I have a series of absurd and silly steampunk stories with an all original cast. It has nothing to do with any Caffeine Angel Studios works at all. Would it be acceptable to post them here for people's enjoyment? I can see pros and cons to it.

Pros: Doing so might expand the number of people who come visit the forums, and that may translate into a curiosity that boosts the number of readers of ES, EN, DNPWWO, etc. Further, it makes it easier for those of us of this community to share works with one another that we feel we might enjoy, but which are not CAS related.

Cons: Potentially overwhelming clutter as it opens the door to tons of works which have nothing to do with CAS. Legal issues may crop up regarding the ownership of the works (though I would argue that if it's post here by the author, then CAS is not liable for any indemnities resulting.)

Thoughts?
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Sareth wrote:So here's an odd question that occurred to me. What is the policy about using this as a site to post original works? For example I have a series of absurd and silly steampunk stories with an all original cast. It has nothing to do with any Caffeine Angel Studios works at all. Would it be acceptable to post them here for people's enjoyment? I can see pros and cons to it.

Pros: Doing so might expand the number of people who come visit the forums, and that may translate into a curiosity that boosts the number of readers of ES, EN, DNPWWO, etc. Further, it makes it easier for those of us of this community to share works with one another that we feel we might enjoy, but which are not CAS related.

Cons: Potentially overwhelming clutter as it opens the door to tons of works which have nothing to do with CAS. Legal issues may crop up regarding the ownership of the works (though I would argue that if it's post here by the author, then CAS is not liable for any indemnities resulting.)

Thoughts?
I'd say that lacking any definite veto from Impy, you should go for it, using DNPWWO as the springboard. One of the things about the DNPWWO world is that it is open ended as to just how it works. Clearly there's magic in it, but it's magic that mixes with the mundane real world. Isn't that kinda what steampunk is like? The fact that there are no DNPWWO characters in what you've written not only is no disqualification, it's probably an advantage.

I'd certainly say there's no reason to worry about the "overwhelming clutter." Simply put: ain't none. The fanfiction board most emphatically is not suffering from overwhelming clutter at the moment, nor is it anticipated any time soon.

The same applies for anyone else contemplating contributing here, btw. I'd love to see stuff other than what I'm writing about Sarine's dear departed main squeeze and JR's contributions.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Well, these are stories that are already written with no tie in whatsoever unless I do a massive rewrite, but eh. Why not? I'll toss the first one up as a test case.