2011-09-21: Morning Person

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Lukkai
Errant Scholar

Re: 2011-09-21: Morning Person

Post by Lukkai »

How about the "Jordan Artificiers Mook Squad"?

Or "JAMS" for short.
I'm with SD. We're putting the anal into analysis.
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

In re: DNPWWO wiki placement, if there isn't going to be a separate wiki for it I can move the content over to the EN wiki. I wish I'd been able to find more time to update it, but it fell to the bottom of my to-do list.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Tiamat wrote:In re: DNPWWO wiki placement, if there isn't going to be a separate wiki for it I can move the content over to the EN wiki. I wish I'd been able to find more time to update it, but it fell to the bottom of my to-do list.
Fine with me. The EN wiki looks like probably the better place for it, if we're going to see crossover. OTOH, if the Jordan/Janis thing is an isolated case (Poe? Impy?), it really doesn't matter where it is, but it might be better staying where it is now, because of the greater activity in the HKV.

Here's a proposal: Go ahead and move stuff, simply lifting everything that's in the DNPWWO Articles category and moving it into the EN wiki. I'll leave things in place in the HKV, but new articles and updates to the existing ones should be in Jordan's Laboratory. The HKV articles will then be modified to include pointers to the JL articles, so that people know where to find the latest, greatest information. Does that make sense?

Of course, we still need people to write those articles, but that's a different matter.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Mord
Forum Regular

Post by Mord »

Graybeard wrote:
Tiamat wrote:In re: DNPWWO wiki placement, if there isn't going to be a separate wiki for it I can move the content over to the EN wiki. I wish I'd been able to find more time to update it, but it fell to the bottom of my to-do list.
Fine with me. The EN wiki looks like probably the better place for it, if we're going to see crossover. OTOH, if the Jordan/Janis thing is an isolated case (Poe? Impy?), it really doesn't matter where it is, but it might be better staying where it is now, because of the greater activity in the HKV.

Here's a proposal: Go ahead and move stuff, simply lifting everything that's in the DNPWWO Articles category and moving it into the EN wiki. I'll leave things in place in the HKV, but new articles and updates to the existing ones should be in Jordan's Laboratory. The HKV articles will then be modified to include pointers to the JL articles, so that people know where to find the latest, greatest information. Does that make sense?

Of course, we still need people to write those articles, but that's a different matter.
Why not make a single Caffeine Angel Studios wiki and make use of portals instead of having several separate wikis? I mean, what is the point of having a separate EN wiki when it hasn't even been edited in over a year?
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

Graybeard wrote:Here's a proposal: Go ahead and move stuff, simply lifting everything that's in the DNPWWO Articles category and moving it into the EN wiki. I'll leave things in place in the HKV, but new articles and updates to the existing ones should be in Jordan's Laboratory. The HKV articles will then be modified to include pointers to the JL articles, so that people know where to find the latest, greatest information. Does that make sense?
Makes sense to me. I'll start the move today.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Mord wrote:Why not make a single Caffeine Angel Studios wiki and make use of portals instead of having several separate wikis? I mean, what is the point of having a separate EN wiki when it hasn't even been edited in over a year?
This was discussed quite a while ago, and IIRC, the basic reason (while acknowledging that there was a case to be made for your approach) was that we're going to start seeing divergence into "the Poe-verse" (i.e., Errant Story and things set in its universe) and "everything else." This is clearly true already in terms of content, and there is a pretty good chance that it will also come to be true in terms of clientele for the strips and consequently participants in the wikis. Of course, the problem in Jordan's Laboratory is that there aren't any participants at the moment. Then again, there are durn few in the Heretic Knowledge Vault either. However, I expect that more Heretical Monks will get active again when Errant Story ends and Errant Tales start.

Wouldn't bother me at all if the two did merge, though. Kaitou, you da man here; which way of doing it would cause you the less heartburn? Rule Number One of such things: thou shalt not tick off thy computer wizard, lest the operating system rise up and smite thee.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Bytemite
Resident Wormhole Lawyer

Post by Bytemite »

Hah, you know, at this rate everything is gonna have to be combined because Poe will reveal that Errant Story is actually the very very ancient Prehistory of EN and DNPWWO. Or some sort of old oral legend that Seth's family told him once.

Maybe Nookie and Kawaii will make an appearance.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Bytemite wrote:Hah, you know, at this rate everything is gonna have to be combined because Poe will reveal that Errant Story is actually the very very ancient Prehistory of EN and DNPWWO. Or some sort of old oral legend that Seth's family told him once.

Maybe Nookie and Kawaii will make an appearance.
Nah, more like the distant future.

Anilis and Senilis are Bimbo and Ralph.

Think about it. Explains a lot.

"It's funny when they jiggle."

I guess yeah you have the problem of fairies already existing in EN and an Elf in DNPWWO but eh wibbly-wobbly timey-wimey, whole thing's been rebooted several times after Meji fucked up the accidentally-talking-to-herself-in-the-past anyway.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."