2012-07-11: Dawn Guard in Six Panels

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2012-07-11: Dawn Guard in Six Panels

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for Dawn Guard in Six Panels
TheLastOutlaw
Forum Regular

Re: 2012-07-11: Dawn Guard in Six Panels

Post by TheLastOutlaw »

I haven't read anything about the new DLC (and I have to wait anyway since I have it on PS3) but that looks like a pretty apt summation. I haven't touched Skyrim in six months anyway. Not since I reached the point where every remaining quest I had was glitched in some way.

Skyrim, y u no work as designed?

The double vampire concept is funny though and I totally don't remember the Morrowind dude.
Stupidity got us into this, why can't it get us out?
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

He was the other prisoner on the boat. The one who wakes you up and asks you your name.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Can you stab him? I don't know why, but I totally want to stab that guy. I have since the first time I played "Morrowind".
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

BloodHenge wrote:Can you stab him? I don't know why, but I totally want to stab that guy. I have since the first time I played "Morrowind".
He's kind of already dead and trapped in some ghost dimension where things that are soul trapped go. There's not really anywhere for him to go if you stabbed him.

Oh the bright side, if you can't stab him, I'm sure someone will make a mod that lets you stab him within a few hours of the DLC's release. And a few hours after that, someone will make a mod that turns him into a loli catgirl... and a few hours after that some Japanese modder will make a mod that lets you summon a horde of faceless creatures to rape him, because that is how the Elder Scrolls modding community works.
Anthony
Errant Scholar

Post by Anthony »

Michael Poe wrote:He's kind of already dead and trapped in some ghost dimension where things that are soul trapped go. There's not really anywhere for him to go if you stabbed him.
Okay, can you bind him in a soul gem and turn him into a magic item?
Lukkai
Errant Scholar

Post by Lukkai »

Funny thought just occured to me.

What if ingame merchants actually sell the things they bought from you to other people in the game? And they can give it away too? You created and sold a small magical dagger once in Whiterun, some two ingame weeks later a bandit archer jumps you halfway between Solitude and Dawnstar. After you slay him, you find the very same dagger on him, that he himself had robbed from a wannabe adventurer a few days ago.

Probably would need way too much calculating power to be really feasible. But it would still be fun.

And I should finally get my act together and finish at least the most important points in Skyrim. Though I've really grown to hate the followers payload bug.
I'm with SD. We're putting the anal into analysis.
DT777
Forum Regular

Post by DT777 »

Michael Poe wrote:
BloodHenge wrote:Can you stab him? I don't know why, but I totally want to stab that guy. I have since the first time I played "Morrowind".
He's kind of already dead and trapped in some ghost dimension where things that are soul trapped go. There's not really anywhere for him to go if you stabbed him.

Oh the bright side, if you can't stab him, I'm sure someone will make a mod that lets you stab him within a few hours of the DLC's release. And a few hours after that, someone will make a mod that turns him into a loli catgirl... and a few hours after that some Japanese modder will make a mod that lets you summon a horde of faceless creatures to rape him, because that is how the Elder Scrolls modding community works.
What Poe said. The TES mod community likes its violence and rape and nudity.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

Lukkai wrote:Funny thought just occured to me.

What if ingame merchants actually sell the things they bought from you to other people in the game? And they can give it away too? You created and sold a small magical dagger once in Whiterun, some two ingame weeks later a bandit archer jumps you halfway between Solitude and Dawnstar. After you slay him, you find the very same dagger on him, that he himself had robbed from a wannabe adventurer a few days ago.

Probably would need way too much calculating power to be really feasible. But it would still be fun.

And I should finally get my act together and finish at least the most important points in Skyrim. Though I've really grown to hate the followers payload bug.
I don't know about that, but in Morrowind they'll wear it. I've got a merchant dressed up in a full suit of Ordinator armor (mostly because I can't wear it myself without getting arrested occasionally).

(Can you guys tell I haven't actually played Skyrim?)
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

No discussion of Elder Scrolls modding is complete without reference to the greatest mod story ever told:

Ian's Adventures In Morrowind: An Obsessive-Compulsive Modder's Tale

Unfortunately the original is lost and the Wayback Machine doesn't seem to have archived the background images so you may need to select all (or use some cool browser inspector hax) to read the black-on-black text appropriately. But it's worth it!
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."