2012-07-11: Dawn Guard in Six Panels

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Re: 2012-07-11: Dawn Guard in Six Panels

Post by Michael Poe »

BloodHenge wrote:
Lukkai wrote:Funny thought just occured to me.

What if ingame merchants actually sell the things they bought from you to other people in the game? And they can give it away too? You created and sold a small magical dagger once in Whiterun, some two ingame weeks later a bandit archer jumps you halfway between Solitude and Dawnstar. After you slay him, you find the very same dagger on him, that he himself had robbed from a wannabe adventurer a few days ago.

Probably would need way too much calculating power to be really feasible. But it would still be fun.

And I should finally get my act together and finish at least the most important points in Skyrim. Though I've really grown to hate the followers payload bug.
I don't know about that, but in Morrowind they'll wear it. I've got a merchant dressed up in a full suit of Ordinator armor (mostly because I can't wear it myself without getting arrested occasionally).

(Can you guys tell I haven't actually played Skyrim?)
But that lead to such fun things as finding a really expensive ring, putting a constant damage self effect on it, then selling to a vender you didn't like and watch them slowly die due to their love of bling.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

That would be a good way to get valuable clothing items off vendors who wear it rather than selling it. (Especially now that I have that rechargeable soulgem.)
DT777
Forum Regular

Post by DT777 »

Michael Poe wrote:
BloodHenge wrote:
Lukkai wrote:Funny thought just occured to me.

What if ingame merchants actually sell the things they bought from you to other people in the game? And they can give it away too? You created and sold a small magical dagger once in Whiterun, some two ingame weeks later a bandit archer jumps you halfway between Solitude and Dawnstar. After you slay him, you find the very same dagger on him, that he himself had robbed from a wannabe adventurer a few days ago.

Probably would need way too much calculating power to be really feasible. But it would still be fun.

And I should finally get my act together and finish at least the most important points in Skyrim. Though I've really grown to hate the followers payload bug.
I don't know about that, but in Morrowind they'll wear it. I've got a merchant dressed up in a full suit of Ordinator armor (mostly because I can't wear it myself without getting arrested occasionally).

(Can you guys tell I haven't actually played Skyrim?)
But that lead to such fun things as finding a really expensive ring, putting a constant damage self effect on it, then selling to a vender you didn't like and watch them slowly die due to their love of bling.
There's always the easier pickpocketting them and leaving them with a vial of deadly deadly poison.
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

In the elder scrolls universe vampirism is a horrible debilitating disease which is somehow treated as being the same as classical mythology vamparism...
Werewolves suck too in those games, the penalties are just too severe and the benefits are nil
TheLastOutlaw
Forum Regular

Post by TheLastOutlaw »

Being werewolf in Daggerfall was the best thing ever. Instead of being a seperate set of stats all the werewolf stats stacked on top of your normal ones. With Hircines ring you were pretty much a god. I was pretty POd when I learned you could get Hircines ring in Skyrim because I botched the quest that could have earned it.
Stupidity got us into this, why can't it get us out?
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

TheLastOutlaw wrote:Being werewolf in Daggerfall was the best thing ever. Instead of being a seperate set of stats all the werewolf stats stacked on top of your normal ones. With Hircines ring you were pretty much a god. I was pretty POd when I learned you could get Hircines ring in Skyrim because I botched the quest that could have earned it.
Very nice, I only played TES3,4 and 5 so I didn't know.
The ring sucks in skyrim, takes up a ring slot and being a werewolf comes with too many penalties. People reaching for straws claim it is useful for fast travel but that is wrong too:
1. Horses say fuck you to geography in that game climbing sheer cliffs.
2. Being in were form disables the tab menu... no inventory, no quest log, no map, no nothing. So you don't know where the fuck you are going, negating any speed boost.

Still being a were is not as big a disability as being a vamp is in skyrim.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

taltamir wrote:2. Being in were form disables the tab menu... no inventory, no quest log, no map, no nothing. So you don't know where the fuck you are going, negating any speed boost.
So if wearing the ring turns you into a werewolf, and being a werewolf disables your inventory, how do you take the ring off?
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

BloodHenge wrote:
taltamir wrote:2. Being in were form disables the tab menu... no inventory, no quest log, no map, no nothing. So you don't know where the fuck you are going, negating any speed boost.
So if wearing the ring turns you into a werewolf, and being a werewolf disables your inventory, how do you take the ring off?
http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Hirc ... g_(Skyrim)

only the cursed ring turns you into a werewolf and not all the time.
Once you uncurse it merely allows you extra transformations (IIRC it eliminates the cooldown between transformations).
So, it allows you to debuff yourself (by turning into were form) more often. If you are enough of a hardcore werewolf fan to be one even though it sucks and is weaker and worse then a human (with the exception of cutscenes)