2012-10-01: I Can't Find The Hole!

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2012-10-01: I Can't Find The Hole!

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

This toilet issue begs the question; where DOES Naga go when she needs to have a poo?
Anthony
Errant Scholar

Post by Anthony »

taltamir wrote:so basically, she could crap out a whole human skeleton? Cause I don't think a toilet would handle that.
Bones are fairly digestible (bone dissolves in acid), so probably not. Hair and fingernails, though.
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

dark_lord_zagato wrote:This toilet issue begs the question; where DOES Naga go when she needs to have a poo?
There was a reason Fran would rather blown up the back yard then go out and clean it up.
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

Anthony wrote:
taltamir wrote:so basically, she could crap out a whole human skeleton? Cause I don't think a toilet would handle that.
Bones are fairly digestible (bone dissolves in acid), so probably not. Hair and fingernails, though.
Bones indeed dissolve in acid but the acid is in the stomach only. And the stomach only performs first stage digestion. Most digestion occurs in the intestines where there is no acid.
Due to how many hours it takes for meat to dissolve in stomach acid I was thinking the bones could survive... Or heck, even if a bone is swallowed by itself it might pass through as a much smaller bone (once the acid dissolved the outer layers).
Not too sure about the specifics though.
Chewing is important to ensure proper and rapid digestion by mechanically breaking down food before it enters the digestive system.

Hair is indigestible by mammals (and most other creatures actually) due to lack of enzymes to digest it. Some creatures like cockroaches have enzymes that digest it. So cockroaches can eat hair and get calories from it.