2012-10-10: Medical Bills

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
lyze
Errant Scholar

Re: 2012-10-10: Medical Bills

Post by lyze »

Michael Poe wrote:
lyze wrote:
I got my account hacked once while deactivated but a friend called telling me he saw one of 'me' online. I called blizzard and when I looked, I caught it early enough where all they managed to do was level a character up to max at the time, make me about 22k gold, get some decent gear and nothing to the rest of the characters (my own gear sucked so bad it wasn't worth vendoring I guess.)
When they grab a deactivated account, they rarely vender or touch your old gear so that nothing looks changed on the armory page just in case you check it.
That makes alot of sense. Hadn't thought of that.
Michael Poe wrote:
DT777 wrote:Randomly: I think Blizzard's customer service is retarded. I've had an authenticator on my account for forever. Apparently during this time, Blizzard believes that I've been trying to sell the account. They've literally banned my wow account three times for "attempting to sell." The account has been inactive since 2 months or so since the Burning Crusade came out.

I'm fairly certain they pick accounts out of a hat to ban.
Actually those are probably fake emails. I've gotten like twenty of the things over the years, a few even when I was even playing the damn thing. My couple of interactions with their customer service guys was actually pretty positive.
Yeah same here.
DT777 wrote:No, at least not in my case. I know they're are myriad amounts of fake emails with blizzard headers, hell I've got emails about pandaria beta invites when the beta was still like a year off. My account is banned, I've checked from my account screen. When I contacted customer service about it the last time, basically because I was worried that it might impact SC2/D3 gameplay, they said it was because I was trying to sell my account. I've gotten it unbanned twice, but it's back to being banned again. IDK what's causing the false positive, but the process of getting it unbanned is a hassle.
Yeah, your situation sounds weird. Maybe someone is impersonating you someplace saying they're selling their (your) account to try to defraud someone of their money?