2012-11-02: The One That Is Obviously Just Filler

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Re: 2012-11-02: The One That Is Obviously Just Filler

Post by Imp-Chan »

I watched one of the movies. Copious booze and Riff Trax weren't enough to make the experience even interesting, let alone enjoyable.

That said, I do know people who have enjoyed the books, and I've been known to enjoy some pretty awful shit myself, so I guess the series must have some merit.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
TheLastOutlaw
Forum Regular

Post by TheLastOutlaw »

I tried watching the first movie without booze or rifftrax and couldn't finish it. Even my SO who liked the books hated the movie. I have not tried reading the books to verify whether or not they are better.
Stupidity got us into this, why can't it get us out?
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Imp-Chan wrote:
lyze wrote:Why you keep putting down the Halloween story from last year Poe? It was good, had great moments. Just MHO I guess.
Most likely, because it dragged on forever because he spent pretty much every waking moment at the hospital with me. Still being stuck in the middle of the storyline was just one more way he felt trapped in a terrible situation, and since he can't really be mad at me or the hospital for the situation, he's taking his frustration out on the storyline.

-_-'
You know, I was thinking when reading his commentary, "Man, wasn't that story at the same time as... you know... major, life-threatening family medical emergency? Cut yourself some slack!" I'm glad he put what matters most first. (And glad you pulled through alright in the end, Impy... I know I haven't been talking much here lately especially on that subject, but I'm been following along and rooting for your recovery nevertheless).
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Bytemite
Resident Wormhole Lawyer

Post by Bytemite »

BloodHenge wrote:
taltamir wrote:
BloodHenge wrote:Pale. Spiky hair. Sparkles in sunlight.
That sounds like the twilight vampire.. is he a mormon? (I have not read nor watched it so I can't tell)
Stephenie Meyer is, as I understand, a Mormon. And now that the joke is thoroughly explained, I'll go on to say that I've heard that Twilight vampires actually bear at least as much of a resemblance to Mormon Angels as they do to any sort of traditional vampire (although I'm not entirely certain exactly what similarities they bear in either respect, having neither read the books (either Twilight or Mormon) nor watched the movies myself).
Eh, well, I don't know twilight, but as a non-mormon living in Utah, mormon angels are more like sparkly humans without wings. They aren't diamond golems with bullshit viral "venom" or whatever the hell it is Stephanie Meyer came up with. (Note: my information comes from tvtropes)