2013-04-18: Supergirl

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2013-04-18: Supergirl

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Re: 2013-04-18: Supergirl

Post by Imp-Chan »

Aww, thanks Poe, that's a lovely surprise.

I like that she looks sweet and actually genuinely adolescent here. Despite the leotard, she really doesn't seem at all sexualized the way most female superheroes are, she seems... just innocent, really.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
TheLastOutlaw
Forum Regular

Post by TheLastOutlaw »

I find it interesting that the best Supergirl costume designs I've seen in the last decade have been fan designs. I agree with Imp-Chan, the nonsexualization is nice and I like the design simplicity.
Stupidity got us into this, why can't it get us out?
Disciple of Sakura
Forum Trainee

Post by Disciple of Sakura »

I've never really cared that much about Supergirl, but I read her first trade in the New 52, and was pleasantly surprised. Not necessarily enough to keep reading it - that depends on how much they cock it up later. But I liked her alright, and her costume was actually an interesting departure (though the idea that it was somehow a military uniform made me scratch my head. Did Kryptonians seriously dress their female military agents in something without pants?)

I actually really liked a couple of the sketches in the back of the trade for alternate costume designs, too. But, indeed, fan costumes seem to be putting out something more akin to a good choice for Supergirl, from what I've seen.