2014-08-04: Dastardly Duplicitous Duplication

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2014-08-04: Dastardly Duplicitous Duplication

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for Dastardly Duplicitous Duplication
Baeraad
Forum Regular

Re: 2014-08-04: Dastardly Duplicitous Duplication

Post by Baeraad »

I find this much, much funnier than I should. I am a bitter and twisted man whose shrunken heart is as black as coal.

... but having that said, I totally can see this happening.
smilingface
Forum Regular

Post by smilingface »

The sad thing isn't that Naga wrote a feminist version of Hitlers book. It is that people basically wanted this and were ready to pay for it big time.
I consider it a good thing to rip off fascists but giving them a basis for arguments (even if it's just a book full of crap) is wrong.
Mister
New Poster

Post by Mister »

What really surprised me? She could identify mein kampf by just reading a page or two.

Good book though. Apparantly Hitler really didn't mind jews at first but came to hate them over time in Vienna.
It's like being exposed to gypsys. You really don't care about them at first but when they camp on a public space near you and turn it into a total dive while driving up local crime, you start to hate them.
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

And now i find myself giggling with glee as i wonder if the Sinfest forums will start complaining about this strip.

I'm not a woman hater by any stretch of the imagination but i love it when Poe rips on the humorless elements of social justice. The kind of people who say all sex is bad no matter what and who, apparently, buy Naga's book.
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

Mister wrote:What really surprised me? She could identify mein kampf by just reading a page or two.
That is one of the reasons why the script ran long and had to be split into two pages.

And yes, it is an interesting chicken or the egg situation involved in reading things like Mein Kampf or any similar sort of text about a hate group/political movement's ideology. Is it really an explanation about how their hatred and opinions were shaped and somehow justified by actual experiences, or is it just an attempt to rationalize away a bias or personal motivation that was already present and influencing how they interpreted those experiences? Granted, given European history, I feel pretty safe going with the 'pre-existing personal bias' one in Hitler's case.

Though in all seriousness. i'd rather not have this thread turn into /pol/
lyze
Errant Scholar

Post by lyze »

dark_lord_zagato wrote:And now i find myself giggling with glee as i wonder if the Sinfest forums will start complaining about this strip.

I'm not a woman hater by any stretch of the imagination but i love it when Poe rips on the humorless elements of social justice. The kind of people who say all sex is bad no matter what and who, apparently, buy Naga's book.
Yeah, that's the problem, they take it to an illogical extreme. What I love is all the 'Stop racism now! Kill all the whities!' crowd that don't seem to know what the definition of 'racism' or 'irony' is.

So there's this person that started a kickstarter a while back to make some youtube video about the misogyny in video games. The money raised was so she could buy video games to play them to then turn around and critique their misogynistic tendencies. She now gets gigs doing public speaking on the subject.

The stupid part is she made the assumption games were misogynistic automatically and freely admits she didn't know anything about it. And now she's champion a cause against being prejudice? I hate people ;.;

On a lighter note, Fran's surprise face in the last panel is priceless.

P.S. What does Naga's shirt say? Can't make it out
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

lyze wrote:P.S. What does Naga's shirt say? Can't make it out
"There is slash fanfiction of me on the internet."
Baeraad
Forum Regular

Post by Baeraad »

lyze wrote:What I love is all the 'Stop racism now! Kill all the whities!' crowd that don't seem to know what the definition of 'racism' or 'irony' is.
I think that those people tend to confuse "hatred" or "prejudice" with "persecution" and "oppression." To be guilty of the latter, you need to have some power. To be guilty of the former, you just have to be an asshole.

That's the thing with the people who'd like Naga's book. I'm not the least bit worried about them sending men to the gas chambers anytime soon. But they are sure as hell assholes.
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

lyze wrote:What I love is all the 'Stop racism now! Kill all the whities!' crowd that don't seem to know what the definition of 'racism' or 'irony' is.
Very true. The worst part about this attitude is that ending prejudice is a just cause, but no progress towards this will be made if the foul tone of the argument keeps people from hearing the message. It's not helpful to derail the conversation and that's exactly what the people you mentioned tend to do.