2014-09-24: Going Off Script

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2014-09-24: Going Off Script

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for Going Off Script
smilingface
Forum Regular

Re: 2014-09-24: Going Off Script

Post by smilingface »

Nice move there Jor... I mean Tekmage XD.

I don't know but Craigs apology doesn't sound that honest to me.
He usually has more insight than he's showing.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

I need to have evil Enchanters do this more often.

[edit]Specifically, I mean having hostages attack the heroes, not having them sing show tunes in drag.[/edit]
Last edited by BloodHenge on September 25th, 2014, 3:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

I haven't seen that movie either but i still find the first panel hilarious. This is how Tekmage plays with her dolls. :lol:
lyze
Errant Scholar

Post by lyze »

dark_lord_zagato wrote:I haven't seen that movie either but i still find the first panel hilarious. This is how Tekmage plays with her dolls. :lol:
Ditto. I do find it very telling of how disturbed Jordan truly is that she seems to be enjoying herself immensely.
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

smilingface wrote: I don't know but Craigs apology doesn't sound that honest to me.
It's the facial expression. I didn't notice how insincere it looked till I was almost done, unfortunately.
lyze
Errant Scholar

Post by lyze »

smilingface wrote: I don't know but Craigs apology doesn't sound that honest to me.
I think it's plenty sincere. At least in the 'oh man, someone's going to yell at me about this one' sort of sincere.
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

BloodHenge wrote:I need to have evil Enchanters do this more often.

[edit]Specifically, I mean having hostages attack the heroes, not having them sing show tunes in drag.[/edit]
why not both?
also, the choice of the word (enchantress) suggests dnd. with healing magic, resurrections, and grappling rules these probably won't be an issue...
... except for the extremely likely case where the PCs just slaughter them all, loot the corpses, and leave them to rot there... or freaking out when the enchantress starts laughing and telling them they just beheaded the person they were there to rescue and instead of a resurrection they start doing a cover up. or maybe the person doesn't want to resurrect, that is supposedly common with people who went to heaven
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

I was using "Enchanter" as a catch-all for people with mind control abilities. I actually have done it in D&D, but it would probably work better in Shadowrun or the World of Darkness, where resurrection magic isn't really a thing.
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

BloodHenge wrote:I was using "Enchanter" as a catch-all for people with mind control abilities
which is a thing exclusive to dnd. no other setting uses the word enchanter to mean that
BloodHenge wrote:I actually have done it in D&D, but it would probably work better in Shadowrun or the World of Darkness, where resurrection magic isn't really a thing.
yea