2014-11-20: Bloodless Lovers

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2014-11-20: Bloodless Lovers

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for Bloodless Lovers
Ugwump
Forum Regular

Re: 2014-11-20: Bloodless Lovers

Post by Ugwump »

Bwahahaha! The commentary was better than the strip. ...but only because I still own the back cover with the vagina dentata.
Baeraad
Forum Regular

Post by Baeraad »

Hey, it still beats Werewolf the Apocalypse. That one had endless page count devoted to the intricacies of werewolf fertility. Because that's what you're looking about in a game of huge hairy monsters ripping hordes of smaller slimy monsters to pieces - discussions about sperm counts and ovulation cycles. :P
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

I am glad that this comic is in black and white.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

Baeraad wrote:Hey, it still beats Werewolf the Apocalypse. That one had endless page count devoted to the intricacies of werewolf fertility. Because that's what you're looking about in a game of huge hairy monsters ripping hordes of smaller slimy monsters to pieces - discussions about sperm counts and ovulation cycles. :P
Yeah, making such a huge deal about werewolf freak babies was just opening the door to all sorts of horribleness. The old werewolf line was just a giant mess. On one hand you had some neat mash-ups of pseudo native american spirituality and Lovecraftian mythos, on the other, you had a bunch of violent psychotic furries fighting glorified Captain Planet villains.
Baeraad
Forum Regular

Post by Baeraad »

Michael Poe wrote:
Baeraad wrote:Hey, it still beats Werewolf the Apocalypse. That one had endless page count devoted to the intricacies of werewolf fertility. Because that's what you're looking about in a game of huge hairy monsters ripping hordes of smaller slimy monsters to pieces - discussions about sperm counts and ovulation cycles. :P
Yeah, making such a huge deal about werewolf freak babies was just opening the door to all sorts of horribleness. The old werewolf line was just a giant mess. On one hand you had some neat mash-ups of pseudo native american spirituality and Lovecraftian mythos, on the other, you had a bunch of violent psychotic furries fighting glorified Captain Planet villains.
Hehe, I actually really like the villains of Werewolf. They're so gloriously, ridiculously horrible - not to mention so wonderfully gross - that you just gotta love them. :D I could never get past how dull the werewolves themselves were, though.
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

Are you sure its because of being pestered by their fans?
white wolf games tend to have lots of sex in them. As for VTM, the "blood wizards" clan of vampires actually have spells to not only make the sex organs full functional, but result in a conception. with special rules depending on whether the vampire is the father, mother, or both as to what results
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

It's been quite awhile, but I recall it having a distinct "oh god, please stop asking us about this, you weirdos" tone to it. And I think I stopped paying attention to WoD before they added those thaumaturgy rituals. I do remember them having thin blooded vampires who could get pregnant and stuff about how the Asian vampires, that no one liked because they weren't just normal vampires with super racist Japanese themed bloodlines, could give birth to half vampire babies though.

I should really track down and read all the 'endgame' books they released for each game line when WW shut down the old WoD stuff. I've been told the werewolf one is hilariously bad. It's apparently has the Wrym regaining its sanity, and then it goes and destroys every living creature in creation anyway... but this is considered the Good Ending, because it does it for good sensible reasons, instead of insane evil reasons.
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

Michael Poe wrote:It's been quite awhile, but I recall it having a distinct "oh god, please stop asking us about this, you weirdos" tone to it. And I think I stopped paying attention to WoD before they added those thaumaturgy rituals. I do remember them having thin blooded vampires who could get pregnant and stuff about how the Asian vampires, that no one liked because they weren't just normal vampires with super racist Japanese themed bloodlines, could give birth to half vampire babies though.
wait, so they don't like them because they are NOT racist?
Michael Poe wrote:I should really track down and read all the 'endgame' books they released for each game line when WW shut down the old WoD stuff. I've been told the werewolf one is hilariously bad. It's apparently has the Wrym regaining its sanity, and then it goes and destroys every living creature in creation anyway... but this is considered the Good Ending, because it does it for good sensible reasons, instead of insane evil reasons.
that is pretty funny
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

taltamir wrote: wait, so they don't like them because they are NOT racist?
The 90's were a very different time. But seriously, people didn't hate the Kindred of the East book because it wasn't racist enough (Because it kind of was, the writers couldn't go three whole sentences with out randomly using the words 'chi', 'dragon' or bastardizing something from Buddhism or Shintoism and the art was all kung-fu and anime themed stuff) the forum bitching I saw about it were complaints that White wolf had made them a totally separate, incompatible group of supernaturals instead of just normal vampires with vaguely Asian themed bloodlines and disciplines.

In fact here, have a semi-recent review someone did about the book.