2019-03-04: Naked Ambition

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2019-03-04: Naked Ambition

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for Naked Ambition
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2019-03-04: Naked Ambition

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

Isn't skin cancer awareness more of a medical issue than a social issue? I mean, you can't just block the sidewalk and wave around a sign that says "Ban Cancer" to get rid of people's melanoma.

That would be great of you could though.
Baeraad
Forum Regular

Post by Baeraad »

dark_lord_zagato wrote:Isn't skin cancer awareness more of a medical issue than a social issue? I mean, you can't just block the sidewalk and wave around a sign that says "Ban Cancer" to get rid of people's melanoma.

I think putting "awareness" after anything turns it into a social issue. It makes it so that the problem isn't the actual problem, the problem is that not enough people know about the problem!

Okay, so a less cynical take on it is that many quite uncontroversial problems would benefit from more charitable donations, and people won't donate to charities to combat problems they've forgotten exists. But, well, you don't read this comic to NOT be cynical... :p
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

dark_lord_zagato wrote:Isn't skin cancer awareness more of a medical issue than a social issue? I mean, you can't just block the sidewalk and wave around a sign that says "Ban Cancer" to get rid of people's melanoma.

Yeah, but I needed a believable cause to list between the obvious references to PETA's "I'd rather go naked than wear fur" campaign and the recent "'Brexit leaves Britain naked" thing and really didn't want to look up what ever that one weird viral video of the crowd of naked women screaming in the middle a street was actually about.
Alice Machaer
Forum Regular

Post by Alice Machaer »

"Adana and Reeves?" I get that it's meant to recall "Adam and Eve," but why don't they just call themselves the latter? It's not as though any rabbis or popes or whoever have copyrighted that pairing.
Ugwump
Forum Regular

Post by Ugwump »

But... but... what are their POWERS?!?!?!?

How useful must one's powers be to let one get away with running about with one's tackle out?

There must be some sort of resistance to injury because vigorously flopping one's boobs or ballsacks is decidedly painful, but what else could they have?

And would an exhibitionist hide powers?