2020-07-07: Cancelbation

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2020-07-07: Cancelbation

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for Cancelbation
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2020-07-07: Cancelbation

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

In my experience, eating a clam is like when you accidentally snort some mucus out of your nose and it ends up in your mouth. Never again.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Collecting wild clams wouldn't be farming. And if people do grow them in controlled circumstances, wouldn't that be ranching, rather than farming, because they're animals, not plants?

I don't think it really counts as fishing either, as you just stick your feet/hands down in the sand and pull them up, not like luring them in on a line or trap or net.

So "clam harvesters" is probably the best bet?

Also I'm not sure I get the title. Is cancelbation like... self-satisfactory cancelling? Cancelling just because it makes you feel good to be all self-righteous?

("Cancelling" is a dumb term anyway, but everyone here probably already agrees with that.)
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Ugwump
Forum Regular

Post by Ugwump »

MegaBurster, Fran. MegaBurster. Once a cellphone activist starts in on you like this your life is over anyway. MegaBurster.
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

Forrest wrote:Collecting wild clams wouldn't be farming. And if people do grow them in controlled circumstances, wouldn't that be ranching, rather than farming, because they're animals, not plants?

I don't think it really counts as fishing either, as you just stick your feet/hands down in the sand and pull them up, not like luring them in on a line or trap or net.

So "clam harvesters" is probably the best bet?

Also I'm not sure I get the title. Is cancelbation like... self-satisfactory cancelling? Cancelling just because it makes you feel good to be all self-righteous?

("Cancelling" is a dumb term anyway, but everyone here probably already agrees with that.)
Honestly I just thought the word sounded funny.