2020-08-31: Ashes to Asses

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2020-08-31: Ashes to Asses

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for Ashes to Asses
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: 2020-08-31: Ashes to Asses

Post by Graybeard »

"And then what happen?"

Poe remains Poe.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

I always took that "happen" thing to be an intentional running gag.

Possibly starting with AYB ("what happen !!" - "someone set up us the bomb !!")
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

It isn't intentional.

Unfortunately, I've gotten so used to it that between years of living with him and now three years in Korea, I have started to overlook it in editing scripts. Though I'm not editing for DNPWWO anyhow.
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Actually, it works perfectly well as a running gag.

Incidentally, Nikki's housemate was called "Becky" when she was first introduced. Her name (but apparently not her looks and personality) got changed somewhere along the way, I think I remember a Poe note about it. I should probably update the wiki -- but the wiki needs updating for a lot of DNPWWO stuff. I don't follow DNPWWO nearly as closely as I followed Errant Story, so am not really the person to do that; anybody interested?

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

Yeah, the problem is I have a pool of throwaway names I tend to "randomly" draw from when I need a quick name for a minor character. Which was fine, except it's a small pool and I've been doing this for a long time so I ended up repeating them a lot. Rebecca is apparently one of those names. Phil is another. To make matters worse, the thing about them constantly forgetting their names isn't a running joke so much as it's actually what I do, every single time they appear. So Nikki's roomates have gone through several names by this point.
RobertMontrose
Forum Trainee

Post by RobertMontrose »

If this was supposed to be an implication that BLM/anti-Trump protest groups are receiving outside logistical help, then I can assure you we are not! It's just the magic of social networking, 9 times out of 10. And the tenth is usually someone like me running around like a beheaded chicken in their spare time until enough things are in place that it doesn't look like a total disaster.
Because badass action girl is as badass action girl does.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

RobertMontrose wrote:If this was supposed to be an implication that BLM/anti-Trump protest groups are receiving outside logistical help, then I can assure you we are not! It's just the magic of social networking, 9 times out of 10. And the tenth is usually someone like me running around like a beheaded chicken in their spare time until enough things are in place that it doesn't look like a total disaster.
Pretty sure it wasn't implying that, it was talking about things like the pallets of bricks and such that "magically appear" right where they would be handy for starting a riot. In other words, not the protestors at all, and it's weird how we're expected to believe that it is.
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.