2020-09-27: Vpimpin Ain't Eazy

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2020-09-27: Vpimpin Ain't Eazy

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for Vpimpin Ain't Eazy
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Re: 2020-09-27: Vpimpin Ain't Eazy

Post by Forrest »

I can always count on this comic to keep me abreast of the latest weird internet trends I'd otherwise be oblivious to, by making fun of them.
Last edited by Forrest on October 1st, 2020, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

Frankly, I find the whole thing quite interesting as a concept. Not the least of which is how, despite the fact that many of these vtubers have actual professional companies backing and designing stuff for them, most still use a very basic, limited 2d animation technique and face tracking for their avatars. It would be like Coke choosing to make their print ads in MS Paint. It's not impossible to make something nice with it, sure, but you have to wonder why use it all, when they would clearly have the resources to make much more sophisticated models, animations and motion tracking systems. I don't know if it's cost cutting measure, they feel it produces a more pleasing effect than the uncanny valley you might get from a high end 3d model, or if they intentionally wanted the appearance of it being a low-tech, grassroots set up to obfuscate the produced nature of the whole thing.

And then there's the whole drama that just happened where China practically called a jihad on one vtuber for simply showing their viewership stats that listed Taiwan is a separate country during a stream. The fallout from which just made it more obvious how this whole thing is in fact an actual media industry and not just a bunch of random girls streaming from their bedrooms on their own.
Alice Machaer
Forum Regular

Post by Alice Machaer »

Ann's back! Hurray! :D
Ophidiophile
Forum Regular

Post by Ophidiophile »

I can't tell if Janice is being sarcastic or sadistic, or whether she really thinks Ann is capable of independent thought or not.