2021-02-15: Face Timing

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2021-02-15: Face Timing

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for Face Timing
Last edited by Nosy Neighbordroid on March 4th, 2021, 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Re: 2021-02-15: Face Timing

Post by Forrest »

So comics 475, 476, and 477 are all set in a bar, and the bartender says ...

(So a blonde, a brunette, a redhead, a rabbi, a priest, a minister, a Mexican, an American, a Canadian, a duck, an elephant, and a giraffe all walk into a bar, and the bartender says "What is this, some kind of joke?")
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Devon
Forum Regular

Post by Devon »

Is it me, or does this story suggest incestuous stuff? Because, if some girl is asked for sex by some random stranger, I doubt he would offer to buy her a cell phone, he would just offer her money... The fact that he offered to pay for the sex with gifts, rather than handing out cash suggest a previous relationship... what's more, if somebody finds the phone... wouldn't it be very dangerous for him, unless he could justify the gift somehow (as in, "gave this phone to this girl because she is my relative...").
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

Maybe that would be the case under normal circumstances, but this happened on a hippy commune and I imagine that would change a few things. Everyone probably knew each other on a first name basis, even if they weren't relatives.

More importantly, people living there would be isolated. Especially people who can't drive and get back to town on their own. I could almost understand if that girl were to specifically ask for a cell phone instead of money.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Devon wrote:
February 28th, 2021, 4:30 pm
Is it me, or does this story suggest incestuous stuff? Because, if some girl is asked for sex by some random stranger, I doubt he would offer to buy her a cell phone, he would just offer her money... The fact that he offered to pay for the sex with gifts, rather than handing out cash suggest a previous relationship... what's more, if somebody finds the phone... wouldn't it be very dangerous for him, unless he could justify the gift somehow (as in, "gave this phone to this girl because she is my relative...").
I interpreted it as a teenage girl getting a teenage boy to buy her a new phone in exchange for sex. "Girl does sexy things to get guy to buy her things" is an old trope (possibly the world's oldest?)
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."