Volkanenborg

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Volkanenborg

Post by Graybeard »

"Sorry I got called away," Faye told Layla and Ace (and Zachary and Locke) as she returned to the dinner table. "Peter had news from that little event today -- very weird news."

"Anything involving a troll is likely to be high on the weird-o-meter," Layla said, remembering how the thugs in the big house at Kiyoka had acquired their troll hide. "Does it affect us?"

"Slightly," Faye said, eliciting a groan from the others. "There's apparently going to be some kind of big get-together up at that amusement park as soon as the road is re-opened." The road we blew up. "The details are still being worked, but it involves not just us and the amusement-park people, but also the Eisenfaust and some of the outfits from the east and south. It's supposed to be a peace conference of some kind."

Layla groaned again. "Let me guess. We're not just vacationers now, we're going to be some kind of advance party?"

"Correct."

"Well," Ace said, "in that case, I'd probably better check on the repairs -- or are you going commercial on this one?"

"Commercial," Faye answered. "Peace conference or not, Peter isn't willing to tip people off about his special airship yet." Ace cast a distinctly disappointed look at Layla and Zachary.

"Don´t worry," Layla smiled as Ace got up to go. "We'll come back in good order for once. I'm really looking forward to seeing you again." And she surprised everyone present by giving Ace a shy, discreet kiss as he headed out the door -- everyone except Faye, anyway.

(OOC: Fast forward to the next day?)

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

[OOC: Sounds good to me.]
AdamZero
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by AdamZero »

[ooc: ditto]

I sighed as I opened my eyes. Even with the gold I'd gotten from Saiko, Jamie's appetite at the local steakhouse, which was a bit pricey for the mage grown cow flesh they were pushing as 'premium grade A' meat. I ended up in the manager's office heckling for twenty minutes while Jamie finished off her meal, and mine, just so I wasn't utterly robbed of my survivor's fee.

The rest of the night wasn't so clear, and I did my level best to remember as I rolled to the side.

I yawned widely before blinking open my eyes.

[ooc:*cough*]
"Now he's gone too far. NOONE ATTACKS AMERICA'S FOOD COURTS!" -Deadpool.
"Don't be so naive. I've got ulterior motives. MANY. Two, maybe three. Probably Four. I am one BIG ulterior motive." The Great Teacher, Onizuka Eikichi.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: I'm back in contact now (after an extraordinary week at the epicenter of that earthquake in Costa Rica, and no, I am NOT kidding), and will be getting back into this story, but first, a little administrivia.

This thread is the longest we've had yet, and it has reached a length such that we should probably shut it down and open a new one, just for ease in reading. The question is, where? There's no overwhelmingly obvious trajectory for the main group at the moment, although at least Grope and Layla have clear forward paths. Would everyone be OK with starting the new thread under the title "Mountain(s) of Madness" and then starting to migrate either toward the amusement park or the actual mountains? Or do people want to hang around Volkanenborg a little longer and start a "Volkanenborg Part 2" thread? What do you-all think?

Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

[OOC: I'd like to hear about that trip, Graybeard.

I'll be glad to head Jamie off to the Mountains of Madness. Her little "gonna get rich finding dwarf tech at the lost mine" schtick is convenient for that. As such, I'll wait to post until the thread starts.]
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: OK, it's so. I'm locking this thread and moving it to the "Rear View Mirror" sub-forum. A new "Mountain(s) of Madness" thread is open and running. Let's go do some fun stuff...

As for the trip, let me talk to some folks and see if we can set up a "Trip Reports" forum somewhere. I can't be the only person who's doing off-the-wall traveling at the moment, can I?