Rinkaiel

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Rinkaiel

Post by Graybeard »

"RIce make special for sir, if sir answer Rice questions..."

This was a little beyond Joe's normal line of work, but on the other hand, his whole reason for being here was to prepare a starting point for Gewehr operations in town. Fact finding certainly fell within the job description. There were facts to be found here. Q.E.D.

"That's very kind of you," he smiled. "What can I do to help?"

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
koshkoo
Forum Regular
Location: On A planet we claim to be Earth, when 70% or more is water

Post by koshkoo »

A wide grin that could rival the Cheshire Cat from Alice in wonderland cracks open from the chef, she rests her chin on her right palm and begun announcing her questions, with her heavy nasal voice that hums sweetly, if that wasn't obvious enough there were hidden issues.

"What that?" she points at the business card, clearly bearing no concern Joe might take it from her.

"What konsu...late?" she struggles a little to spell out that word she heard from Joe earlier, and if that wasn't odd enough of a question...

"what Tsuirakuan?" She gazes intensely at Joe's face with an innocent look, expecting answers that was puzzling her simple life thus far.
Stuff
Posing
As
Meat!
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: koshkoo, hope you don't mind if I put just a few words in Rice's mouth here to move things along. Feel free to do the same with Joe if necessary, he's an NPC who's put there to be used...]

Joe took a deep breath. The whole reason why the Gewehr had sent him here was because he was better at dealing with people than with the "wet work" that was their main stock in trade -- shooting people, brass knuckles, blowing things up, and so on. The people skills were going to be needed while they got an operation going. This, however, was looking like a challenge because of the language barrier. He decided to plunge right in.

"Tsuiraku is another country," he said. "It is far to the west of here. It is made of islands, one big island and many small ones. Some people from Tsuiraku live here in this city as -- guest workers." He'd heard other, less flattering descriptions of them from the riffraff around the waterfront, but no need to go into those.

"'Guest worker'," Rice said, thinking it over. "Like Rice?"

He had to think about that, but concluded that the girl was referring to herself, so ... "Yes, some are like you. The 'Consulate' is a big -- house for people from the government of the Tsuiraku country. It is there to help people from Tsuiraku if they have trouble while they are in this city. This card comes from the Consulate. It tells you how to find them, get in touch with them."

The girl still looked puzzled, so Joe said, "Here, let me draw you a map." He thought he could remember where the Consulate was; surprisingly, it was close to the waterfront, not in Tsuiraku-town. He sketched a few streets and landmarks, handed the card back to Rice, smiled; he was learning that the old saying that "you get more done with a smile and a gun than with a smile alone" wasn't always correct...

koshkoo
Forum Regular

Post by koshkoo »

((OCC: no problems with that as long as it isn't a forced action my character usually won't do, thanks for the advance notice I could 'play' with NPC actions that I would use only when necessary and not before I get a better feel of any NPC I might abuse. A side note Rice is very much willing to cook for free if the ingredients were provided))

Rice frowns slightly trying to keep up with Joe's explanation, but pretty much draws out a conclusion from what he is saying. So the man that approached her was something like the village chief's helpers, and he was asking her to help this Tsuiraku 'village' police their people that works here.

~But I still don't know what a Tsuirakuan looks like nor how to differentiate them... feh....they all look the same to me~ she thought inwards with a pout.

She was delighted however he drew her a map, think that might help her find her way around better.... fat chance.

Rice decides she has learn enough for now, since she haven't agree to the deal she could pretty much go on with her merry ways with little concern, ingredients to cook is plentiful anyways, depending on how you see it.

"Rice thank kind sir for explain" she bows deeply, then flashes a broad smile, "So what you like Rice make for sir?" she asks determine to live up to her end of the bargain. After a few more confusing lines of poor language exchange, she works out what Joe had in mind... something filling and appetizing.

Rice beams Joe a smirk and a wink, "Leave to Rice" she proclaims and turns to her ingredient table, made quick work of the left over flour. Already partially soaked with the extra sauce the marinated meat had, more water were used to blend it into dough. She made quick work beating and stretching it into noodles with a pair of sticks. The noodles were blanched in hot water and a simple mixture of chopped spring onions, fried red onions and garlic, a dip of sesame oil and some left over minced meat added with the gravy made into a thick rich sauce.

The 'rat noodle' is wrapped up with leaves to form a pouch and she even made two to go. "One for sir." she cocks her head proudly on the remark after exchanging the two pouches for Joe's map, she'll check it out soon she thought to herself.

"Anything more sir?" Rice asks dusting her apron, deciding she would check out the market for ingredients for dinner now that she's got some money in the coffer, she never kept much money with her during her travels, since it always seems currency she took with her wasn't valid at her next stop.
Stuff
Posing
As
Meat!
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Joe smiled and nodded, unsure whether the girl at the stand had understood his explanation of the Tsuirakuan consulate; her grasp of the local language seemed ... limited. Well, no matter. He paid, thanked her, and headed for the airship pier.

Something nibbled at the back of his mind as he drove, though. The name on that business card seemed familiar, somehow. He searched his memory ... Kitaura. I just feel sure I've heard that name before. Well, no matter, not my problem, he thought, little realizing how wrong he was.

[OOC: More on this in the Lorenzel/Ramanzel thread later tonight, or tomorrow morning. So back IC:]

----------

"I really wish we knew what those two idiots were up to," Layla told her mother around a mouthful of meat stick. "They looked like they were up to no good, for sure. They're incompetent enough that if they try whatever they were setting up, they'll probably screw it up. Should I help them?"

Faye shook her head emphatically. "Not a chance, sweetheart. Your orders are to keep a low profile while we're here and avoid contact with the rest of the outfit unless absolutely necessary. You are not to get involved in whatever jobs they have until your cover is much better established. You know that."

Layla didn't like it, but she had to admit that her mother was right. There was a linguistic nuance, though ... "You keep saying that I'm not supposed to get involved, and I get that. But are you under that much of a restraint? Why couldn't you make a quick trip over to the liquor store and do some fact finding?"

Faye thought about it. "You know, you may be right. And it wouldn't hurt for those clowns to have some adult supervision." She thought some more. "Look. Why don't you stay here with the kiddo, maybe lounge around the water some while the sun is high, catch some rays, do some relaxing. I'm going to make a quick run over there and see if I can find out what's going on. It's not that far from here, shouldn't take more than an hour or so."

Layla smiled inwardly; as much as she loved her mother, even very good company got old quickly if you couldn't get away from it for a while ... and besides, Ace would be coming in from the airship soon enough, and a little privacy wouldn't be a bad thing, not at all. The smile ripened into an outward one as she bade her mother goodbye.

koshkoo
Forum Regular

Post by koshkoo »

Rice's food wagon stayed where it was for a little while longer, before she packs up and heads for the local market to shop for further supplies for dinner.

((OCC: Rice would be open for play with anything so far, if there wouldn't be much need for her involvement I would assume she would be back at a convenient place later in the afternoon for serving food. I am certainly not sure thus far what she would get involved in, but basically expect her to be able to serve you folk exotic dishes when the need arises! Advantage of a mobile food serving wagon, best place for RP gathering~ taverns are overrated ^ ^))
Stuff
Posing
As
Meat!
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Layla hadn't brought any beachwear on this trip; she'd been expecting the search for lodging to be harder than it was, and besides, who knew they'd be staying on the beach? Still, the opportunity to get out for some relaxation with Zachary while she waited for Ace to get in from the terminal was too much to pass up. She changed into the lightest outfit she had and took her son out to where Ayiee was still sunning.

Layla was momentarily startled to see Ayiee, and it wasn't just surprise that they'd crossed paths again, after the pass and finding their way in town earlier in the day. I've never gone sunbathing with a blue woman before, certainly not one built like that... Was there also a bit of, well, jealousy in Layla's reaction? She dismissed it quickly; if she'd had those curves, she'd never have been able to do the things she did, and had to do, as a Wraith. No, best just to take people as they were. But Ayiee wasn't exactly conversational, and the two "women" didn't really interact for the moment. Still, they'd been running into each other for a while now, so it'd be courteous to at least say something, wouldn't it?

As Zachary giggled over a little helicopter toy, she was about to say something to Ayiee, silent or not, when Marcus came out of the inn. Context having been set, Layla was able to place him much more quickly. He posed something of a problem, though. The man was clearly dangerous, even if he'd been on her side at the pass. Would it be wise to acknowledge him in this very different setting? Maybe not, but as she thought quickly about it, she decided it certainly wouldn't be wise not to. That would look suspicious, if there was anything to his reason for being here that might get his suspicions up. Best to just play this naturally.

"Hi," she smiled as Marcus came over. "Looks like we meet again. Where's your wife?"

AdamZero
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by AdamZero »

(Thanks for that Greybeard, Hope Sareth get's better soon)

"Up in her... our.. room, fuming." I found a seat near Aiyee and the sheriff... I really needed to learn her name. "Did I ever get your name? I can't really recall... I'm Marcus, for what it's worth." I sat down near the two ladies, noticing the dark stone hand on Aiyee had converted to a three finger and thumbed manipulator, much less terrifying than the bug hand.

I watched the little tyke in her arms play with a tiny spinner toy, smiling at his carefree spirit. "He and Nera'd get along great..." I laughed.
"Now he's gone too far. NOONE ATTACKS AMERICA'S FOOD COURTS!" -Deadpool.
"Don't be so naive. I've got ulterior motives. MANY. Two, maybe three. Probably Four. I am one BIG ulterior motive." The Great Teacher, Onizuka Eikichi.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

*ACHOO!*

I wiped my nose. Must be something in the air.

[OOC]I'm feeling pretty darned good now, aside from some painful marks on my arm. Unfortunately, I also am now having to catch up on my homework. If I need a break, I might be convinced to have Jamie show up on the beach with Nera...[/OOC]
Blackmail
Forum Trainee

Post by Blackmail »

Zander lounged around outside of the inn, not really caring if he was seen or not. He wasn't expecting any action yet, so he was taking this as his "break" of sorts. He was still dressed in his usual layers, but the hood and cowl, as well as his gear and weapons, were stowed in his pack. He was assuming the two men wouldn't make a move until closer to dark, but he kept a wary eye on the establishment just in case. This was Seeadler territory, anyway, and even if they were friendlies for the time being he still needed to know if they were in the area. Just in case. It would seem they were sneaky little bastards too. He'd never seen any Seeadler following them. But Jasmine had seemed fully confident, so Zander assumed the worst. He always did. He was hoping these guys were just that damn good and he wasn't slipping. Unfortunately most signs pointed to the latter... Sigh.

His attention was diverted occasionally to the shore nearby, where a blue woman... thing relaxed on the beach. A somewhat pleasing-to-the-eye blue woman thing. Zander rolled his eyes and muttered under his breath as he was distracted for the umpteenth time, and resumed his watch of the inn. Now that Marcus, if Zander had overheard his name correctly, had left the inn, Jamie was in her room alone. Which was technically unsafe and unprofessional, but he assumed that she could take care of herself anyway. And between her mother and Marcus, Zander wasn't the only one looking after her. But he had a job to do anyway. So he tried to keep his eyes on the building, and off of certain blue body parts.
Signatures are overrated.