Gervasiel

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: Gervasiel

Post by Graybeard »

"No seducing him? I didn't say that," Sister Rose said playfully. "I just said the surveillance should be discreet, and at a distance. That means don't bring him back here."

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

"No seducing him? I didn't say that," Sister Rose said playfully. "I just said the surveillance should be discreet, and at a distance. That means don't bring him back here."

It was at this precise moment that Argus walked up to the others, brushing away at a fly that was hovering around.

"...I'm sorry, what? What's been going on?"
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

The moment Argus forced the fly's trajectory into proximity with Lillith, its fate was sealed. "Wait! I'll get it!" Brad said as he noticed the object of his affections trying to brush the thing away. His eye fell on an undistinguished pulp magazine that should double nicely as a fly swatter.

Truthfully, Brad was by no means a complete klutz. His hand/eye coordination wasn't bad at all, and he could adjust his body movement quickly enough to perform the sacred mission of love he'd just taken on. A moment later, there was a whap! as paper and insect came into terminally close contact.

Magic flared. A momentary flash of white light erupted from the paper, accompanied by a faint fooosshh. When the flash dissipated, the place on the magazine where the magically-charged fly had met its end was smoldering, and the beginning of a yellow flame rose from its edges.

Brad could be forgiven for dropping the fly swatter in a hurry, Sister Rose judged; she'd probably have done the same thing. A handy glass of water took care of the incipient fire hazard, but it left all of the occupants of the room wondering exactly the same thing that Rose gave voice to.

"Just what in Luminosita's Name was that?"

Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Argus blinked and stared, a little stunned at the sudden shift in mood from his meeting with Fayna. "It was a magically charged fly," he said numbly. "Why it was magically charged, I have no idea."

Harker appeared out of nowhere. "Magical runoff somewhere?" he suggested.

Argus blinked, suddenly very confused. "Harker, where the hell have you been?"

"I was hiding under the bed while you were talkin'."

"...What."
Caoimhe Faelan
Forum Regular

Post by Caoimhe Faelan »

Suriah frowned. This was too much of a coincidence for her. The flies magic had felt like the magic from the man in the stable.

"Do you... do you think it could have been him?"
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

I grin. "Oh good. I like to use my talents where I can."

"...I'm sorry, what? What's been going on?"

"Not a lot, honestly," I tell him. "Just discussing techniques for keeping tabs on Kurou. Something appropriately subtle, yet properly invasive."

I smile seductively at Argus. "Any thoughts?"

-- Drusia
Porcelain Fish
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Porcelain Fish »

"Well," Maduin said thoughtfully. "The fly was obviously too small an explosion to be much of an incendiary device." He raised an eyebrow and glanced at Argus. "If Arsoro was indeed the perpetrator, then I think he got the drop on us as far as magical surveillance goes. It might be best to assume he's heard everything since the moment he entered the stable."

"Well played, by the way." Maduin glanced at Brad and winked before turning to Drusia. "I'm familiar with the spells you're talking about. Probably more than I should be admitting in polite company, but Tsuiraku is full of nosy people all involved in each others' business, so it's something of a societal norm for us. If we really want to put something in place that would arouse as little suspicion as possible, we should steal something he already has and either replace it or alter it, but we don't know where his room . . ."

He trailed off as his gaze caught on Suriah, and a thoughtful smile spread across his features.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

"Well played"? Brad thought, puzzlement etched on his open features. Wouldn't any man have done the same for the woman he loved? Tsuirakuans were a strange lot... Meanwhile, his cousin was obviously thinking hard (as usual), so he subsided and let her do what she did best.

"If we really want to put something in place that would arouse as little suspicion as possible, we should steal something he already has and either replace it or alter it, but we don't know where his room . . ."

Sister Rose waited for the next shoe to drop; Maduin's expression suggested that he had something in mind. Of course, there was more to it than that. "Yes, but we'll still have to make the exchange," she said. "If he's as powerful a mage as he sounds like, he'll probably have defenses set up." At least I would, if I could muster them. "How are we going to get access to -- oh, but of course."

She broke off, seeing the expression on Drusia's face, and feeling a certain involuntary smirk come over her own. I'm probably going to have to look for a confessional and absolution by the time this is all done ... but it's for a good cause...

[OOC: D, should we work anything out off line here, in anticipation of some "Background Noise"?]

Caoimhe Faelan
Forum Regular

Post by Caoimhe Faelan »

The strange young man was staring at her. She blinked, nervous under the attention. Her eyes grew wide, entrancing, as she shrunk almost behind Rose.
Porcelain Fish
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Porcelain Fish »

My dear young lady," Maduin said gently, working up one of his charming smiles "The gentleman who just left - would you happen to know which room he was staying in?"