Background noise

For in-universe game play. Journey through both familiar and foreign settings, explore lost ruins and forgotten cities, and try to bring light to the darkness of the world... or, you know, blow stuff up. Either way.
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Re: Background noise

Post by Drusia »

I let things continue like that for a few minutes more before somewhat reluctantly pulling away. I turn and undo the stays holding the back of my on and let it fall gracefully to my ankles. As per usual, I'm not wearing anything beneath.

"So," I say, watching him look at me, "Would you like some help with yours?" When he doesn't reply, I step up and kiss him, my hands working at his clothes. What skin I expose, I kiss, working my way downward. At a few locations, I linger, enjoying the expression on Kurou's face when I do.

I watch the moment when I push him too far. With a growl, he pushes me away. He hauls me to my feet and presses me up against the wall. What is it with me and walls lately? Not that I mind - loving making is the most fun when it's rough. And he is rough when he takes me. Very.

-- Drusia

OOC: There. Fade to black. ^^

So, shall we pick up in about... three hours? Or perhaps the next morning?
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

(OOC: Let's leave it till morning. Meanwhile...)

Harker slowly backed away, having gotten everything he needed. Well, wanted. Elves were flexible, that was for sure.

Well, with Kurou occupied, it was time to give the castle a thorough search. From the sounds of things, those two were going to be a while...
Drusia

Post by Drusia »

(OOC: Let's leave it till morning. Meanwhile...)

OOC: So, would you like to start (in the morning)? Or shall I?

Edit, OOC:
Also, to clarify... are we (you and I) going to skip ahead to morning right now? Or are you waiting until everyone else gets there? Because... well, because I don't have another character, so if we're waiting to move ahead, I'm effectively stuck here doing nothing....
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

(OOC: Well.... I'll leave it you to decide on that one, but we should probably to to stay even with the folks in the other thread. We could probably work around it, though. Depends on how long Drusia hangs around Kurou)
Drusia

Post by Drusia »

Drannin wrote:(OOC: Well.... I'll leave it you to decide on that one, but we should probably to to stay even with the folks in the other thread. We could probably work around it, though. Depends on how long Drusia hangs around Kurou)
OOC: There is that. Also, I'm thinking that Harker is the one doing the actual spy work on this one. When he's ready, Drusia could arrange a departure (but again, likely not til morning, as she and Kurou discussed).

If it wasn't for his massive magical security system, I'd just have Drusia sneak off and return in the morning. But, as we saw and as he revealed (in part anyway) to Drusia, Kurou has a system that can detect such magical activity.

Unless Harker could disable the system? Hmmm....

Well, that would be an interesting plan.
Spoiler: show
Harker disables the system and mentally alerts Drusia that he has... whatever they came to find. Drusia gets out of bed and casts an illusion spell to create a magical force that would look like her, feel like her, smell like her, etc, so that if he wakes up to go to the bathroom Kurou will find her sleeping peacefully. He could even snuggle up to her if he likes. Then Drusia and Harker sneak out, and Drusia gates them back to town to rejoin the main RP. Things move along, and THEN, after we move to the next morning, Drusia (and Harker) jump back, Drusia dispels her illusion and gets back into bed, and wakes with him normally. Oh, and tack some sort of alert spell onto the illusion so if he realized it's an illusion after his midnight pee and dispels it, Drusia gets the alert not to head back.
Of course, the only good reason to do this in character is if Harker finds something important that needs to be conveyed to Argus et al right away. I have no idea what you planned for this, so... **shrug**

Thoughts? That's the only way I can think of to get Drusia back in a timely fashion.

-- Drusia
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC:
Drusia wrote:(OOC: Let's leave it till morning. Meanwhile...)

OOC: So, would you like to start (in the morning)? Or shall I?

Edit, OOC:
Also, to clarify... are we (you and I) going to skip ahead to morning right now? Or are you waiting until everyone else gets there? Because... well, because I don't have another character, so if we're waiting to move ahead, I'm effectively stuck here doing nothing....
As I wrote in the other thread, I recommend we move that one quickly forward to morning so that Drusia and Harker can reintegrate. As soon as there's an OK or two, we'll fast forward.

This was TREMENDOUS fun to watch...

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

(OOC: Yeah, working on something for that right now...)

Ohh. Shiny.

The thought was ironic, but no less true. It WAS shiny. And a fatal flaw in an other wise perfect security system.

Harker's strategy so far was to identify camera-balls, short them out, then dodge past quickly. This allowed him to map out the castle's entire security grid over a period of a couple of hours (Kurou being somewhat distracted). And now he had found this. A piece of metal and crystal that appeared to be directing magical data from numerous surveillance points to a main source. He'd seen something like this before, like when Argus was working on the TAP. The setup was different, but he figured that it used to gather surveillance from all over the castle and send it to Kurou, thus letting him keep an eye over the castle at all times. Nice, but with a flaw: All the security was linked into it, or at least networked. Convenient for Kurou, but very vulnerable if discovered. And Harker had an eye for detail.

He also had some rather delicate tools on him, and the know-how to use them. Harker grinned broadly; this was going to be fun.

*********************************************************************************************************************************

About twenty minutes later, Harker carefully pulled open the flap of the tent to see Drusia and Kurou... well, entangled. Carefully padding over, he pulled out a small slender stick and poked Drusia with it, holding up a small sign as he did so:

Security offline for about 55 minutes. Gonna use it?

PS Nice moves!!!
Drusia

Post by Drusia »

About twenty minutes later, Harker carefully pulled open the flap of the tent to see Drusia and Kurou... well, entangled. Carefully padding over, he pulled out a small slender stick and poked Drusia with it, holding up a small sign as he did so:
Security offline for about 55 minutes. Gonna use it?
PS Nice moves!!!

I smile at him. <"Thanks,"> I think to him. <"That was rather impressive, wasn't it?"> I'm sore in places I haven't been sore in a long time. Good times. In any case, first things first.

<"Did you find out what he's researching,"> I ask. <"Or, do you need more time? If you're done here, we should probably get your information back to the others. If you need more time, then use the blackout to find out everything you can about his research.">

-- Drusia

OOC: If the Gervasiel topic is going to jump forward, then Drusia doesn't need to make her escape until morning, when she can do it with Kurou's blessing.
Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Got what I need. Harker wrote. All I could find, anyway. I'm gone. Good luck on your end. With a final nod, Harker turned and padded away on silent feet, gradually running faster as he got farther away.

Well now. THAT had been an interesting evening.
Drusia

Post by Drusia »

Got what I need. Harker wrote. All I could find, anyway. I'm gone. Good luck on your end. With a final nod, Harker turned and padded away.

I nod and wait until he's gone before I start moving. I gently untangle myself and move off towards the bathroom, such as it is. Outside the sleeping area, I collect my clothes and other belongings, stuffing them quickly in my bag. Finally, after an amount of time appropriate to a trip to the facilities, I pull up a soft whisper of magic and weave a complex illusion. Not just sight, but touch and smell. It's partly in Kurou's sleeping head, and partly physical energy, something that he can touch, feel. The illusion sits down beside him, then lays down, and seems to go to sleep. It will remain until morning. Finally, I add an alarm - if he wakes up, I'll know about it.

There. If he wakes up and realized I've gone, he'll be pissed, but at least I'll know about it. If he doesn't, I can slip back tomorrow morning and leave as planned. Nor not, depending on what Harker found. For now, time to be getting back.

I slip a few rooms away, put my travel clothes on, and take a few deep breaths. I take a few moments to get my bearings, then concentrate. Reality bends and I'm outside, back on the path. I take a moment to catch my breath, then reorient on the town. Another mental push, and I'm back at the edge of Gervasiel.

So. Time to find the others.

-- Drusia

OOC: See you back in Gervasiel.