Gervasiel

As we play, occasionally we'll close a thread and open a new one to keep the size of threads (and relative complexity) down to a dull roar. Here's where we store the closed posts from the history of Errant Road.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Re: Gervasiel

Post by Sareth »

Lillith reached out and rested her hand on Suriah's. "That's right." She smiled gently. "Would you like that?"
Caoimhe Faelan
Forum Regular

Post by Caoimhe Faelan »

Suriah just barely stopped herself from jumping at the unexpected physical contact. She returned the smile, hesitantly. "Yes. Yes, I would."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

The two half elves' reveries were interrupted by Brad, who'd approached undetected; apparently the man could move pretty quietly if he needed to. "Then I will give my life to make it so," he said fervently, and really, who could argue with that?

---------

That was odd, Sister Rose thought as she sensed Argus' mild distaste. In one way she couldn't really blame him, of course ...yet she wasn't totally sure whether she was hoping for a different reaction, or not. Well, no matter. "I hope you two can put up some detection magic at room 206," she said in a much less trollop-ish voice once she was out of earshot of the clerk. "I'm pretty well tapped out, unless you'd prefer me stuck in this form until morning ... I didn't think so." The Empathy spell wasn't necessary to determine what Argus and Maduin thought of that possibility.

In the event, however, no detection magic was necessary once they got to Kurou's room. As Rose drew near, her Empathy spell started going bonkers, and the closer she got to the door, the more powerful the reaction. Something about that door was projecting, in the strongest possible magical terms, a single powerful emotion: noli me tangere. It'd take an extraordinarily strong will to get through that.

Rose chuckled inwardly. I do know where there are a few of those...

[OOC: Back in intermittent contact today, full contact this weekend.]

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

OOC: Sounds like things with Drusia and Kurou have, er, reached a climax and gone on to morning. Can we short-cut the events in Gervasiel this afternoon/evening and do likewise, so that we can get Drusia and Harker back into the picture?

Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

(OOC: No worries; Drusia and I are doing a wrap-up right about now)
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

[OOC: OK, so moving forward but not fast-forward...]

Well, that was informative, but not revealing, Sister Rose reflected somewhat paradoxically as the three thrill-seeking "girls" headed back toward the Stone Man Inn.

The touch-me-not emotional ward had been (comparatively) easy to negate, but there'd been another one beyond it that had been a great deal tougher, and when they got to the third one, it was pretty clear that they really didn't want to mess around with it. They'd retreated without getting any facts about Kurou that they didn't already have -- except one that Argus had already implied: the man had a positive mastery of magical defenses. That fact, of course, spoke volumes even if it said nothing new. I hope Drusia is okay...

Back to the here and now. A whimsical thought struck Rose, and she stepped momentarily into a dark alley (after, to be sure, checking it for hostile life -- Gervasiel didn't seem like that kind of place, but one could never be too careful). A short, busty hooker stepped into the alley, but what emerged from it was a tall, slender nun of the Veracian Church in all her paraphernalia -- with green eyes, of course.

"Come on, girls," she announced on returning to where Argus and Maduin stood looking sheepish. "Let's get you home to your mother. If you've been out doing what I think you have, such a smiting you're going to get at the temple next Wednesday..."

Drannin
Prince of Space

Post by Drannin »

Argus, still in disguise, just groaned. "Please, the sooner I'm out of this getup, the better." It took him a moment to take in their smirks, and then realize that he was still in disguise. That statement could be taken so wrong...

"Firstly, quit smirking," he muttered, "Secondly, Maduin, please do something about this look." It wasn't that Argus wasn't a fan of the female form. It was just that he would rather not wear one. Call it personal preference.

Actually, Argus found that he was feeling a bit better now that Rose had resumed her regular form. It wasn't that the short, busty hooker form was hard on the eyes or unpleasant. Far from it. It was just that... well...

There were a few things that had happened while Argus was drunk and hopeless that, looking back, he was rather ashamed of, and would rather forget about. Seeing that body had been an unpleasant reminder.

Besides, Rose's regular body suited her so much more.

"Thirdly, let us never speak of this again."
Drusia
Veteran of the Errant War

Post by Drusia »

I'll check the inn first, I suppose. Hopefully it hasn't exploded anymore. I concentrate a third time and put myself into Rose's room. (OOC: Not sure what room they were in, so I guessed. If they're else where, I'll edit this post to match.)

"Thirdly, let us never speak of this again."

I blink, looking between Rose and the other two... women? standing in the room. An impish grin spreads across my face.

"Speak of what, Argus?" I purr. Oh, this is good. I'll have to tell Harker about it when he gets back.

-- Drusia
Porcelain Fish
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Porcelain Fish »

Maduin was still smirking as he dropped the magical disguises. "If it's any consolation, Dr. Cleiviein, even if Kurou had any surveillance that we didn't manage to detect going, I think it highly unlikely and extremely improbable that he'll associate three ladies of a dubious nature with a nun, a gentleman, and a dilettante." He smirk turned thoughtful. "I do wish we'd managed to plant a little bug of our own though."
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

It was all Sister Rose could do to stifle another belly laugh. Argus was going to have a hard time living this down ... Best not to add fuel to the flames, though. "Back so soon?" she asked Drusia. "And did you get what you went for? As far as information, I mean." The elf's body language left very little doubt that she'd certainly got some of what she'd gone in search of -- but it would still be best, probably, to get back to business.