2011-02-10: Fluff Text

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2011-02-10: Fluff Text

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for Fluff Text
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Re: 2011-02-10: Fluff Text

Post by Forrest »

Random anecdote on the subject of customized cards:

In my old gaming group, I made a custom Munchkin item card called the "+0 Bag of Clothing" (in the general pattern of "Noun of Verbing" type items: it's a bag which clothes, not a bag containing clothes). It's an armor item that can be worn over any other armor, and gives no direct combat bonuses, but has the effect of causing all monsters to ignore any class you may have, because, I mean... you're wearing an old burlap sack, you obviously have no class.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

I make custom cards for every power and item my characters use in 4e (starting from the USC in the Magic Set Editor and altering the templates and data to suit), it keeps my brain on straight and teaches me all the abilities and technicalities. I may start doing up "Encounter" cards with all relevant encounter information on them if I go back to DMing, but honestly at this point I'm ready to try a different system altogether. 4e is a solidish combat system, but I want something for actual roleplay and greater creativity even in combat. I want an RPG system where it is perfectly reasonable to chuck a fellow player at a dragon as a coordinated attack. Not at all wise, mind you, but still mechanically sound.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
RGE
Errant Scholar

Post by RGE »

Fran is looking awfully cute with those wide open eyes in the last panel. I think she deserves a flying broomstick, as long as she promises to not use it to overcome plot critical obstacles or avoid encounters that assume that no one can fly. Or perhaps she could use a cauldron?
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Impy: I'm fond of GURPS...

Personally, I can think of far too many jokes about broomsticks to feel any sympathy for Fran at all...
taltamir
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by taltamir »

I’m not allowed to draw my own power cards when I play D&D for this exact reason
Did you really draw your DM being violated by tentacles IRL? Cause that is awesome... disturbing but awesome.