2011-02-14: Rocks Fall...

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2011-02-14: Rocks Fall...

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for Rocks Fall...
RGE
Errant Scholar

Re: 2011-02-14: Rocks Fall...

Post by RGE »

I get it now. The comic is named after the alien DM. Until now I thought it was connected to something else on the CAS site, which I can't seem to remember right now. But now I'm convinced that it's that DM.
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

RGE wrote:I get it now. The comic is named after the alien DM. Until now I thought it was connected to something else on the CAS site, which I can't seem to remember right now. But now I'm convinced that it's that DM.
For a second I thought you were talking about the name of this strip, and I had this long explanation of "rocks fall, everyone dies."

Then I realized you were talking about the actual name of the whole comic, and felt kind of dumb. :oops:
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Don't feel dumb, my first thought was "Wait, is the alien DM named Rock? Did I miss something? And how is he falling?"

Also, I think the whole group does not play well with others, except maybe Fran who seems like the Only Sane Man in the neighborhood. I mean, the rest of the cast are a man-eating snake-monster, a vampire, space aliens, an elf, and what looks like maybe a priest? (Someday they've all got to walk into a bar, and the bartender says "What is this, some kind of joke?") That's a ragtag bunch of misfits if I've ever seen one...
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

Forrest wrote:Also, I think the whole group does not play well with others, except maybe Fran who seems like the Only Sane Man in the neighborhood.
Not anymore!
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

Tiamat wrote:
Forrest wrote:Also, I think the whole group does not play well with others, except maybe Fran who seems like the Only Sane Man in the neighborhood.
Not anymore!
Why not? She seems perfectly reasonable in the latest strip.
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

Forrest wrote:
Tiamat wrote:
Not anymore!
Why not? She seems perfectly reasonable in the latest strip.
She burned down a grocery store over an argument about the number of items allowed in the express line. Now, I'll admit she didn't start it. But when you escalate an encounter to total destruction of the premises, I think you've lost the 'reasonable' card.
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

Hey, anal Elf-guy started it! It's not escalation to match force for force.
RGE
Errant Scholar

Post by RGE »

But she started it by breaking the rules! What, are people just supposed to let other people walk all over them? Why, bringing almost twice as many items as you're supposed to is almost like cutting in front of someone! Are people just supposed to meekly allow for that? No, says I! Down with the oppressors! To the hilt! :evil:

Well, unless it means that I have to do something. After all, I'm not an arcane archer, so what could you expect me to do? :?

And yeah, I meant that the DM wasn't playing well with others. Seems to me as if all the others were quite content with their characters and the game, and it was only the DM who apparently wanted something else. And while I can sympathise with him, it still means that he's the one who's not playing well with the others.
Forrest

Post by Forrest »

RGE wrote:And yeah, I meant that the DM wasn't playing well with others. Seems to me as if all the others were quite content with their characters and the game, and it was only the DM who apparently wanted something else. And while I can sympathise with him, it still means that he's the one who's not playing well with the others.
Hey, Naga's the one who crawled up a gargantuan dragon's ass. I've had players like that. They deserve all the falling rocks they get. (Fran's character, on the other hand, was just unjustifiable collateral damage on the DM's part).

(Hey, how long you think 'til we have Team Fran and Team Naga? ;) )