2011-03-23: Wow...

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2011-03-23: Wow...

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: 2011-03-23: Wow...

Post by Graybeard »

MP, I'm sorry you're a sad perverted webcomic artist. [hug]Sympathies.[/hug] But at the same time, I suspect people just aren't hearing that DNPWWO is out there. How and where is it being advertised? The only place where I've seen it mentioned at all is right here. The overlap between readers of Errant Story and readers of DNPWWO is not going to anything near 100% because the comics are so different. Since forumites constitute a minority of Errant Story readers, drawing on the existing cadre of forum users to do the commenting is unlikely to get much action. So what's being done to draw in a new cadre, other than mentioning the opportunity on DNPWWO itself?

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

There's an ad campaign planned, i just need the artwork from Poe and it can go forward. In the meantime, there's already a few thousand readers, of which maybe half a dozen ever comment.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

I know it's entirely Schadenfreude, but it's a little nice to know that Poe is feeling the same pain I do on a constant basis with my comics.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Well for me, lots of comments on ES are speculation about the story, clarifications of details, callbacks to other stuff. This is a gag a day strip, with minimal story or worldbuilding, there's not much to say. Other comics I talk about or read comments about: Girl Genius, Penny and Aggie, Spinnerette, Sluggy in the past, Order of the Stick... and that's not even all of the drama comics I read, life's too short to talk about all of them regularly. But not xkcd or other gag comics.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

mindstalk wrote:Well for me, lots of comments on ES are speculation about the story, clarifications of details, callbacks to other stuff. This is a gag a day strip, with minimal story or worldbuilding, there's not much to say. Other comics I talk about or read comments about: Girl Genius, Penny and Aggie, Spinnerette, Sluggy in the past, Order of the Stick... and that's not even all of the drama comics I read, life's too short to talk about all of them regularly. But not xkcd or other gag comics.
I second this, and I would further add that ES has been raising some very thought-provoking issues that go beyond the scope of a gag strip. Heck, just the "GENOCIDE!" meme says much about how deeply ES gets into one's mind. Not only is it unrealistic to expect DNPWWO to do that, I don't know of any other fantasy webcomics that do it either -- including some of the ones you cite. I'm not sure Poe particularly set out for ES to be thought-provoking, but it certainly has turned out that way...

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.