2011-09-05: Repop

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2011-09-05: Repop

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Repop
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Re: 2011-09-05: Repop

Post by Slamlander »

Hah! Nice way to tie two threads back together. Although, Ellis is probably not that appreciative . ;)
Now is the time :D
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Bytemite
Resident Wormhole Lawyer

Post by Bytemite »

Once again, awesome effect on the worm hole. Less sure about what specific features I'm seeing here, still very cool.

:oops:

Moving right along then. If jrpgs have taught me anything, it's that a barrier spell can be broken by inflicting sufficient physical damage. *imagines Meji bringing the mountain crashing down on everyone's head* Then again, maybe not.

Someone has probably already speculated about this, but I wonder if the spell Ian put up was one of those ones that would only effect elves. It would definitely make things easier for the Ensigerum, like if they ended up in some kind of siege situation needing an outside supply line, and at the time of casting, Ian probably wasn't thinking that they might dust out on him. On the other hand, this is a chance for Meji to do something appropriately eye catching, and we wouldn't be treated to a view of a big-ass AOE for her to just be able to anti-climactically fly through.

She's going to be PISSED about Ellis though.
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

Or just... tunnel all the ships under the barrier, Ian probably didn't bother to make the thing a complete sphere.
Itterind
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Itterind »

Well, I've always felt Ian not to be as half-assed as usual when it comes to killing elves.

FLESH-BURNING SLAUGHTER!

VENGEANCE for the Kit-Kat-!

srsly tho
She was probably going to try to talk him down first and then maybe take him alive, but now anything she says, if at all, will likely just be statements/declaration of intent-anger.

Ian probably wasn't considering that he was killing Meji's pet rather than just another person (he is well into blood simple by now), but even if he did he probably doesn't understand the bond mages have with their familiars at times.
Personally I try not to get a familiar unless I'm going to really care about it.
Anthony
Errant Scholar

Post by Anthony »

Guess that tells us something about the link between mage and familiar.
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

Rakshasa Taisab wrote:Or just... tunnel all the ships under the barrier, Ian probably didn't bother to make the thing a complete sphere.
He did, actually. When the elves tried to escape through the bottom tunnels they found the caves blocked by the energy field. See here.
Rakshasa Taisab
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Rakshasa Taisab »

Tiamat wrote:
Rakshasa Taisab wrote:Or just... tunnel all the ships under the barrier, Ian probably didn't bother to make the thing a complete sphere.
He did, actually. When the elves tried to escape through the bottom tunnels they found the caves blocked by the energy field. See here.
Says nothing about tunnels _DOWN_, only the escape tunnels.
Tiamat
Jordan's Lab Assistant

Post by Tiamat »

Rakshasa Taisab wrote:
Tiamat wrote:
Says nothing about tunnels _DOWN_, only the escape tunnels.
In the next comic one of the elves says "It seems to extend forever." Given that he went through the effort of making the barrier penetrate solid rock to block the escape tunnels (which I assumed led down and out through the base, but I could be totally off), I doubt he'd make such a rookie mistake as not making the bubble close at the bottom.
eee
Errant Scholar

Post by eee »

Croly Hap! She actually managed to get them there without losing a ship or killing someone! THAT'S a surprise!

I fully expect that in the next few seconds Meji, desperate to save Ellis, will smash through the barrier without even realizing what she's doing, burrow into the mountain faster than a speeding bullet, and reach Ian hopefully in time to keep Ellis among the living. After which, things may get... messy...