2011-10-28: Hospital Update - Please Read

Rules, announcements, suggestions, elections, and all the other fun things that make our forums tick.
Chibi.Squirt
One Post Wonder

Re: 2011-10-28: Hospital Update - Please Read

Post by Chibi.Squirt »

According to my mother, they actually did a scan of her liver and found indications that it was not necrotic. They haven't repeated the scan, however, for sound medical reasons.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Thanks MUCHLY for the news, Impy's Kid Sis. Good to have you back here!

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Wonderful to hear!
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

I really hope the liver and kidney problems clear up. Long term dialysis can be a real pain, especially for someone as young as Impy.
"Of all tyrannies a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." - C.S. Lewis
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

So the liver's not necrotic... which is good... but it is neurotic, which is to be expected since it is Impy's liver we're talking about.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Voyager
Forum Trainee

Post by Voyager »

On the bright side, livers regenerate, so provided she gets through everything else, that will heal. On the down side, I'm pretty sure you can't have chocolate when you're below a certain percentage of liver function.

On the pneumonia, I've found that major lung ailment tend to leave permanent after effects. I don't know if she had asthma in the past, but there is the possibility it will come back after this. The important thing to remember about being the significant other of someone with a chronic lung problem is that, a lot of times, when someone's lungs are acting up, they just shut down. You are looking for the absence of normal behaviour, rather than signs of problems. It's kind of a different beast.
hewn
One Post Wonder

Post by hewn »

hi,
I have been reading errantstory since it began, as well as exploitation now. I don't normally register on forums, but after hearing about impy i felt compelled to give my best wishes to her recovery.
I recently had my Gallbladder out (2 weeks ago) via laparoscopic surgery. the first 48hours was a horrifying experience, after however I was lucky enough to have recovered with no complications.

I hope you get better soon Impy, try not to worry, you'll be up and walking before you know it!

P.S. I know, they made me walk home after the surgery @_@
Immanio
Forum Regular

Post by Immanio »

...auch.

Best wishes. I'm definitely not a praying sort, but you do have my support and thoughts.

As for the donation meter, I donated $200 some weeks back, and I think the donation meter was and is still at $20 like it's been for ages?

Edit: I see it's changed now, so I guess you've exorcised the gremlins?
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

We can't afford much but we're sending what we can. Our hearts and thoughts are with Impy.
S L A M L A N D E R
Isn't Sarine technically a MILF?
Lukkai
Errant Scholar

Post by Lukkai »

Thanks for the update(s). Really appreciated.
I'm with SD. We're putting the anal into analysis.