2002-11-04: Flavor Text

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2002-11-04: Flavor Text

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for Flavor Text

New posts about this page or the commentary track version of this page should happen in this thread, but if you're curious the original discussion thread for this comic happened over on the Kyhm Forums. You can read it here.

Comment from Impy

I decided that all of the discussions about one page should probably stay in the same thread, so I merged the shiny new thread for the commentary track update with the thread for the corresponding page which was automatically generated when we changed comic systems and created the ever-so-diligent comment golem. Since most of the early posts had discussion threads on a completely different forum which didn't transfer over, I also decided to add a link to the original discussion over on the original forum just for good measure. If anyone would like me to do this differently, please let me know.

Also, for some reason I can't get the link to this thread to show up on the first page of Errant Story, even though it shows up fine on the commentary track version. I don't know why, I'll keep poking it to see if I can't get it to work.
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2012-03-26: [CT] Flavor Text

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for [CT] Flavor Text
Flintlock
Forum Regular

Re: 2002-11-04: Flavor Text

Post by Flintlock »

And here I was thinking that the bunnies were the source of chaos that would be unleashed upon the world towards the end of Errant Story! There goes all my prep work... :lol:
"Space is big. Really big." - Douglas Adams
raphfrk
Forum Regular

Post by raphfrk »

For the next 2 days, pressing first and last takes you to the same image :).
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

@raphfrk: "There's got to be some kind of way out of here", said the joker to the thief.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

The Comment Golem wrote:Discussion thread for Flavor Text

New posts about this page or the commentary track version of this page should happen in this thread, but if you're curious the original discussion thread for this comic happened over on the Kyhm Forums. You can read it here.
We can read it there if we're subscribers to the Kyhm Forums. Some of us have ... reasons not to do that. (You wouldn't believe how much my spam has dropped off now that I no longer go there.) They may not be good reasons (perhaps I accuse them unjustly), but they're reasons nonetheless. Or have things really tidied up on Kyhm? I'd like to be able to go back and see the old commentaries, so opinions on Kyhm would be appreciated.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
lyze
Errant Scholar

Post by lyze »

'Although the page really does set the tone for the whole comic, that’s mostly a coincidence, because I didn’t care about that at all at the time. Really, you have no idea how often that happens to me.'

I've had similiar experiences of doing something that at a later date made me thing, 'damn, that worked out well. If only I meant to do that on purpose'. I just chalk it up that my subconscious is a genius.
Nyerguds
Forum Regular

Post by Nyerguds »

Graybeard wrote:We can read it there if we're subscribers to the Kyhm Forums. Some of us have ... reasons not to do that. (You wouldn't believe how much my spam has dropped off now that I no longer go there.) They may not be good reasons (perhaps I accuse them unjustly), but they're reasons nonetheless. Or have things really tidied up on Kyhm? I'd like to be able to go back and see the old commentaries, so opinions on Kyhm would be appreciated.
Um, guests can view it.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Man, I had forgotten how... vapid... the Khym forums were. No wonder it took me so long to join.

I'm going to try to force myself to read through the old threads as we go along so I can perhaps come to a better understanding of the status quo as of my descent into that madhouse, and the epic showdown with Onion which ensued.

(Hands up if you remember the awesome word filter that came about as a result of that).
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Forrest wrote:Man, I had forgotten how... vapid... the Khym forums were. No wonder it took me so long to join.

I'm going to try to force myself to read through the old threads as we go along so I can perhaps come to a better understanding of the status quo as of my descent into that madhouse, and the epic showdown with Onion which ensued.

(Hands up if you remember the awesome word filter that came about as a result of that).
Bringing all that drama back up was not the point of linking to the past threads. Importing it here was even less the point. I included the links because I thought people might be interested, and it is the history so I felt it was important to acknowledge. If you want to read the old threads for fun, that's wonderful, but please do so without holding on to the past problems if you can, and certainly without bringing them back here.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.