2002-11-04: Flavor Text

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: 2002-11-04: Flavor Text

Post by Graybeard »

Nyerguds wrote:
Graybeard wrote:We can read it there if we're subscribers to the Kyhm Forums. Some of us have ... reasons not to do that. (You wouldn't believe how much my spam has dropped off now that I no longer go there.) They may not be good reasons (perhaps I accuse them unjustly), but they're reasons nonetheless. Or have things really tidied up on Kyhm? I'd like to be able to go back and see the old commentaries, so opinions on Kyhm would be appreciated.
Um, guests can view it.
Able to read it as a guest now, couldn't earlier. Did a link change? Anyway:

Impy, I'm curious: when you made the change from the original hosting service and the Kyhm forum to making the comic self-produced, what was the effect on donations? The people using the Kyhm forum were clearly a ... different :geek: demographic compared to today's forum, and I would suspect, one that had typically studentish money situations (and outlooks).

My reason for asking has to do with DNPWWO. It seems to me as if DNPWWO is playing more toward the demographic that was showing up on the old Kyhm forum, which has been replaced in the current forum by a crowd that's more -- I can't think of another way to put it -- "mature." Getting support from DNPWWO readers may work differently than it has for Errant Story as a result. (Are there enough euphemisms there?...)

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

The "plan" is to do books but mostly t-shirts for DNPWWO. I say plan, but really it's just Poe will do whatever comic makes him happy and I'll do my best to find a way to make it work.

Don't be too hard on the previous forum, though, remember that it was ten years ago. Eventually, you'll start seeing my scary unmedicated fangirl posts... Because back then, I was a scary unmedicated fangirl. I didn't meet Poe until 2004, and it took me years to get my bearings... That's kinda what growing up looks like, you know?

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Imp-Chan wrote:Bringing all that drama back up was not the point of linking to the past threads. Importing it here was even less the point. I included the links because I thought people might be interested, and it is the history so I felt it was important to acknowledge. If you want to read the old threads for fun, that's wonderful, but please do so without holding on to the past problems if you can, and certainly without bringing them back here.
I certainly didn't mean to bring any of the old drama back here; I was more marveling at how far we've come from there. And musing on an amusing incident. I certainly don't hold any hard feelings about anything.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
DT777
Forum Regular

Post by DT777 »

oi. Kyhm.

Some things seem like they're best just left buried. But I suppose the history is sort of important and quasi-interesting.