Link back to the comic?

Rules, announcements, suggestions, elections, and all the other fun things that make our forums tick.
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Link back to the comic?

Post by Sareth »

Just something I noticed when I was looking at the note written to Meiji (just so I could see if Poe appeared to be left handed indeed, in response to a comment made discussing handwriting). If there's a direct link to the comic page itself, I haven't found it. So here's my suggestion. See the purple box up on the upper left of the screen? Instead of it linking the top page of the forum, why not the top page of the comic? Since this also supports Exploitation Now, we could put one like it up for EN to the right of the Quote of the Week.

Just a suggestion. Feel free to point fingers and laugh at the noob...
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Re: Link back to the comic?

Post by Viking-Sensei »

I don't know about that, but I do have a possible compromise that I'd been thinking about... what if, as part of starting a new comic update post, the person posting the new thing put a link to that specific comic in their post? That way, there'd always be a link back to the comic in question right there in the forum posts themselves. It'd be a little hard to get people to do at first, but I think if we consistently did it the same way for a while, everyone would catch on (sort of like how the ISO formatted date YYYY-MM-DD has caught on) and start doing it on their own.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

I may have mispoken. I simply meant a link back to the main page of Errant Story from the forum topbar. Since this is a forum meant to discuss such, it makes sense to link back, right? I didn't mean a link going back to the specifically referenced page... Sorry for the confusion.
Vavrek
Errant Scholar

Post by Vavrek »

That's a common fault I've noticed on... nearly every forum. They'll have plenty of easy links back to the forums.whatever.com subdomain, but none to the http://www.whatever.com domain itself. The MegaTokyo forums are nice in that they have this great big banner up top leading back to the main domain.

So, I second Sareth's request to have the little purple box point to http://www.errantstory.com. Right now it points to forums.errantstory.com, which is at best redundant, since the "Board index" link right below it points to exactly the same spot.