2013-07-25: [CT] Illusion

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2013-07-25: [CT] Illusion

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for [CT] Illusion
RGE
Errant Scholar

Re: 2013-07-25: [CT] Illusion

Post by RGE »

Aww, Sarna is looking way too cheerful in that page for me to want to see her stabbed in the face. So what if she's feeling superior? She's an everlasting elf who can do magic! I'd feel pretty damn superior too. I'd probably feel so superior that I wouldn't even bother to comment on the pathetic humans in the first place. :mrgreen:
5Cats
Forum Regular

Post by 5Cats »

"Suddenly. a wild bitch appears" Is the pop-up...

And then Lucy from Bittersweet Candy Bowl appears! In the adspace :) not ES.

Well, I thought that was funny...
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Something that I didn't know at the time, but was amused to learn later, is that "sorna" is the Spanish word for "sarcasm." Wonder if Poe knew that when this character got her name?

"Sarna," for that matter, is Spanish for "mange" or "seven year itch." That fits too.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Bytemite
Resident Wormhole Lawyer

Post by Bytemite »

For some very rare few people, their bitchiness is delightfully proportional to their charm.

Sarna is one of them. I think it's because sometimes it's just refreshing to have someone not beat around the bush with politeness and all that junk even if they also seem to be a jerkass and believe jerkass things. And from an elf point of view, her opinions aren't really that jerkass (albeit a bit politically incorrect for everyone else).

Besides, all considering, Sarna is actually one of the less antagonistic elves Sarine knows and encounters if you think about it in relation to the plot. Sarna snarks at Sarine midway through the story and gets into a fight with her later, but the first time she doesn't stop Sarine even when she has reason to be suspicious that Sarine is going to intervene, and the second time the fight is actually about a pretty murky subject anyway and Sarna is kinda just doing her job.

I always got the feeling that Sarna was more of a vitriolic best friend for Sarine, which is why even when they're fighting each other to the death, they're both having FUN. For sure neither one hates each other, despite Sarna making some very nasty and personal jabs at Sarine.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Bytemite wrote:I always got the feeling that Sarna was more of a vitriolic best friend for Sarine, which is why even when they're fighting each other to the death, they're both having FUN. For sure neither one hates each other, despite Sarna making some very nasty and personal jabs at Sarine.
They were best friends, once. In fact one of the Errant Tales is about that.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.