2013-08-13: [CT] Keep Quiet About That

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

2013-08-13: [CT] Keep Quiet About That

Post by Imp-Chan »

Discussion thread for [CT] Keep Quiet About That

There was an error with the Comment Golem and comics posting earlier than they should today, so I had to start the thread manually. No worries, he'll be back to working order tomorrow.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
eee
Errant Scholar

Re: 2013-08-13: [CT] Keep Quiet About That

Post by eee »

I'd just point out that Jon is proof you don't have to be tough as nails - although he is - or a badass to be a VERY deadly assassin. There's a difference between being an unfeeling psychopath and a regular guy who just happens to kill people for a living. And is really good at it...

I wonder why the Gewehr wanted a 14 year old mob princess dead? Maybe one of Arabel's enemies wanted vengeance even unto the second generation, and hired the Wraiths to make it so.
Bytemite
Resident Wormhole Lawyer

Re: 2013-08-13: [CT] Keep Quiet About That

Post by Bytemite »

Mob princesses are also brought up by the mob. By fourteen she might even have done some dirty work herself, and known some of the ins and outs of the business. Plus this is Farrel, kids seem to grow up early as a matter of course.

In any case, I suspect when rival families are sending a message, they don't mess around. And they don't leave witnesses to identify them, or someone who might hold a grudge against them.

Really with Jon's tendencies to help not so poor and defenseless girls, it's probably good he got out of the Wraiths when he did. There'd probably be reprisals if any of his cohorts had found out about this stunt (or any others he probably did), let alone that the very girl he saved might actually want him dead for killing her family.

There's a reason most assassins don't truck much with codes of honour or morals. Jon makes complications for himself almost as regularly as the disaster trio. He really is, as you say, a normal guy in a VERY screwed up business.