2013-10-20: System Breakdown of the Total System Breakdown

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2013-10-20: System Breakdown of the Total System Breakdown

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

lyze
Errant Scholar

Re: 2013-10-20: System Breakdown of the Total System Breakdo

Post by lyze »

Sorry Naga, maybe next time. Shine on you crazy cubic zirconium. On another note, damn, she's pretty tough.

Yeah, people got really nuts about the shutdown, I've got crazy paranoid friends and at least one of them, a college educated engineer mind you, thought total system breakdown was around the corner. I don't think people understand this has happened twice now and has happened in a couple states plus puerto rico. Nothing caught fire, mass riots didn't happened. It's just dumb and embarrassing to us as a nation and highly inconvenient for certain folks that relied on things like federal day care or obscure federal departments to approve of their micro brews and such. Mostly it was just childishly stupid. I wish we could have handled it like Australia's one and only shutdown, I would have took a day off of work to go party in the streets.
TheLastOutlaw
Forum Regular

Post by TheLastOutlaw »

Is it wrong that I feel bad for Naga? Nah... Though I guess I am a little surprised that she doesn't go on solo anarchy riots more often, it just seems like her sort of thing.
Stupidity got us into this, why can't it get us out?
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

I feel kind of bad that she got the live ammo right away, no tazer, no pepper spray, and no warning shots. That cop was NOT messing around.

It would have been cool if we could have had the next election early, as in the very day after the shutdown ended when everyone was still mad. How's that for motivation? Any shutdown lasting more than 2 days automatically results in an election where everyone in the house and senate is up for reelection. :twisted:
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

I think that's actually what Australia did when they had a government shutdown. Although firing everyone and holding a new election was apparently already in the rules, and was wildly unpopular at the time. But the party responsible for the shutdown still lost heavily in the election that followed.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Yeah, I think the general rule in most Westminster systems is that is parliament can't pass a budget on schedule, it immediately forces a new election.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
CorsairX
New Poster

Post by CorsairX »

Imp-Chan wrote:I think that's actually what Australia did when they had a government shutdown. Although firing everyone and holding a new election was apparently already in the rules, and was wildly unpopular at the time. But the party responsible for the shutdown still lost heavily in the election that followed.

^-^'
One of the few times in history when the lazy, useless bastards were held to account. Didn't last long though...
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

So, when Naga drips blood on the couch, is it usually hers?