2013-10-01: [CT] Nocturnal Emission

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2013-10-01: [CT] Nocturnal Emission

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for [CT] Nocturnal Emission
lyze
Errant Scholar

Re: 2013-10-01: [CT] Nocturnal Emission

Post by lyze »

I'd imagine that the godlightball things would have specifically designed at least the elves and trolls not to have magic accidents like that just like we have sleep paralysis to keep us from running around like loons while asleep. I'm not sure about elves and therefor half-elf. I guess it was never revealed where humans came from in the Errant world, huh?
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

It's always nice to see new art, but to be honest, I'm not taken with Sarine's expression in that second panel. She looks tentative, unsure of herself. There are times in the story when those emotions would fit, but this isn't one of them, and even if she was unsure of herself here, she wouldn't be showing it to Jon and Meji yet, as she doesn't know them at all.
lyze wrote:I'd imagine that the godlightball things would have specifically designed at least the elves and trolls not to have magic accidents like that just like we have sleep paralysis to keep us from running around like loons while asleep. I'm not sure about elves and therefor half-elf. I guess it was never revealed where humans came from in the Errant world, huh?
You give Anilis and Senilis too much credit, IMO. I don't think they would have given a rat's (or labrat's...) ass about that trivial a "design feature."

You're right, btw, that we still don't know where humans came from. That's what sequels are for ...

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
eee
Errant Scholar

Post by eee »

It's so NICE to see how well the group fit together right from the start. Well, after you got past the "Jon tries to kill Sarine" and "Meji tries to kill Sarine" and "Sarine makes it clear she's the superior one here"...

:lol:
Bytemite
Resident Wormhole Lawyer

Post by Bytemite »

Well... Either the elven gods break all the rules because Meji totally did use magic while she was unconsciously merging with Senilis once...

Or stuff like this actually can happen, but not because of adolescence coming into powers type stuff and more just "sleep walking while dreaming about using magic." Like when you dream about power tools you've been using, and end up actually drilling through the washing machine.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Man, Meji looks really short in the first panel. Like under 5 feet. Bit taller in the last, was she sitting?