2015-01-19: Need a Hand with Breakfast?

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

2015-01-19: Need a Hand with Breakfast?

Post by Imp-Chan »

Discussion thread for Need a Hand with Breakfast?
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2015-01-19: Need a Hand with Breakfast?

Post by BloodHenge »

They still didn't explain why it's specifically in the kitchen.
Michael Poe
The Almighty Poe

Post by Michael Poe »

BloodHenge wrote:They still didn't explain why it's specifically in the kitchen.
Didn't really have room to put it in the comic, but Craig was in the bathroom when she woke up and wanted to clean the hand off, so she went to the kitchen sink instead.

Also because it needed to be in the kitchen to set up the next comic.
lyze
Errant Scholar

Post by lyze »

Heh, gross.

So does it charge up with a mini usb or something? No, not a serious question. I had not really ever thought about cybernetics like that but I guess chances are they'd be plugged into wall sockets to charge up. It's never really brought up in other sci-fi. In the RPG Rifts it seems everything just runs on air. Or at least, there's some sort of built in power system that will outlive the user anyways. All that tech and computers that are outperformed by early 2000's hardware.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

I'm sure with enough time, effort, and engineering she could even develop a cybernetic arm powered by her own metabolism, but honestly, what would be the point? It's way easier and more flexible to just have interchangeable parts that charge up when not in use. If one powers down, then just swap over to the next. That's why sufficiently developed cybernetics are awesome.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

I have enough trouble remembering to take my pills once a day. I don't know if I'd want to change my arm every six hours.
Baeraad
Forum Regular

Post by Baeraad »

Technically, it's no grosser than whenever she uses that hand (when functioning) to help herself to a snack from the fridge or something. Or, for that matter, when she uses her other, biological hand to do the same.

But that falls into the category of things that people are theoretically aware of but would prefer not to think about. ;)