2003-08-22: I Like Guns!

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
The Comment Golem
Unstoppable Posting Machine

2003-08-22: I Like Guns!

Post by The Comment Golem »

Discussion thread for I Like Guns!
RobertMontrose
Forum Trainee

Re: 2003-08-22: I Like Guns!

Post by RobertMontrose »

Hey, even enigmatic, homicidal teenagers need some love (just ask Jordan).
Because badass action girl is as badass action girl does.
lucileburt
One Post Wonder
Twitter @: lucileburt

Post by lucileburt »

Is it normal that I like guns?
First, I'd like to mention that I am sixteen years of age. Growing up, my older brother and I always enjoyed playing army especially with toy guns. As we got a little older, we got into airsoft and paintball and sports such as that. He's now 22 and we now go sometimes to the shooting range. Ever since I've just really enjoyed real firearms and how they work. I'm pretty big on gun safety (with pistols especially) and I like to sizegenetics practice safety with realistic looking firearms that are fake (e.g. airsoft guns) because I know that real firearms are not to be played with like airsoft or in that kind of manner. I have no criminal history or felonies on my record, and I'm not the type of person who would want to hurt or kill people. I believe the only time you should even think about using deadly force, is if your life is endangered in act of self defense. Deadly force should most definitely be your last option. One more thing to be mentioned: Most people I know who are about my age are obviously not into the kind of things I am, except that I'm also in band (I enjoy that as well) but generally they do not like guns as much as I do or have any interest in them (not that I don't like my peers/friends).
Please give me your opinions, I'm also really curious (not to the extent of over asking questions about one topic, or annoying someone). I'm also very independent of myself as well, and can get through most things by myself unless I find it is necessary to talk to somebody else or interact with them. I don't want any trouble, I'm just here for your opinions. Thanks.
Last edited by lucileburt on November 25th, 2017, 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Alberich
Noble Knight Protector

Post by Alberich »

Yes, it's perfectly normal and perfectly fine; just make sure you are learning and practicing good safety habits. (And also basic practical and legal obligations that go with using firearms--especially if you decide to carry concealed when you are old enough to do so--in which case also be sure to stay in practice.)

Oh and don't pick up the attitude Jon expresses in the comic that this thread is a comment on. (And even he is joking as you can see from the context.)