2018-02-10: Epic Level Dungeoneering Skill

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2018-02-10: Epic Level Dungeoneering Skill

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for Epic Level Dungeoneering Skill
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Re: 2018-02-10: Epic Level Dungeoneering Skill

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

That's sick. And funny too! Poor guard, there's not going to be much left of him by the time they get out of there.

I once met someone who cheesed the traps like that in a DnD game before. The party was allowed to buy livestock in town, cows and pigs and such, for food and to help carry supplies. This guy purchased a bunch of animals and wouldn't tell the DM why, and when they entered the dungeon he herded the animals in front of them in a stampede to spring all the traps. After that the DM told everyone they weren't allowed to buy livestock anymore. :lol:
TheLastOutlaw
Forum Regular

Post by TheLastOutlaw »

dark_lord_zagato wrote:I once met someone who cheesed the traps like that in a DnD game before. The party was allowed to buy livestock in town, cows and pigs and such, for food and to help carry supplies. This guy purchased a bunch of animals and wouldn't tell the DM why, and when they entered the dungeon he herded the animals in front of them in a stampede to spring all the traps. After that the DM told everyone they weren't allowed to buy livestock anymore. :lol:
One of our players used to push enemy corpses around in an effort to do this. It worked for part of a dungeon, then coincidentally almost everything we faced after that was either formless (ghosts, etc) didn't have a body conducive to pushing/pulling around (slimes, etc.) or so disease ridden and plague infested that handling them was dangerous. "Coincidence."
Stupidity got us into this, why can't it get us out?
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

I will confess to having done something similar back in the day, using an Animate Dead spell on the body of a party member so that he could walk out of the dungeon (sort of) rather than being carried. The fact that it was the body of a Paladin, and my cleric was Chaotic Neutral (VERY chaotic), didn't enter into it at all, no sirree, trust me. Those were the days ...

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
smilingface
Forum Regular

Post by smilingface »

I have to try that out some time our GM decides to implement a trap ridden dungeon. Most of the time we play more in an open world style with focus on intrigue and politics though. The last time we entered a dungeon is ages ago XD. And the times we did the loot wasn‘t worth the hassle most of the time. :lol:
It‘s like in this comic. They probably won‘t get any dank loot but are totally fine with just getting out.