2019-08-08: Comic #420 Blaze it You!

Follow the adventures of Rosencrantz and Guildenstern Fran and Naga in this all-new humorous entry to the growing Poeverse.
Nosy Neighbordroid
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2019-08-08: Comic #420 Blaze it You!

Post by Nosy Neighbordroid »

Discussion thread for Comic #420 Blaze it You!
Ugwump
Forum Regular

Re: 2019-08-08: Comic #420 Blaze it You!

Post by Ugwump »

When I was a kid there were some cartoons sucked that bad. They did not survive. I will not retrieve their names from the dustbin of history as they deserve to be forgotten.
dark_lord_zagato
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by dark_lord_zagato »

Having an agenda and trying to push a political viewpoint onto the kids totally ruins a cartoon. I get what you're saying, and I would agree that cartoons should be awesome just for the sake of being awesome.

Cartoons of the 80's and 90's sometimes came with a different problem though. The writers didn't have over inflated egos, or try to push obviously partisan messages like "masculinity is toxic." Instead, they talked down to kids and had a more non-partisan message of "Obey authority!" Obey your dad, obey your teacher, obey your government. That's when i'd always grab the remote and find something else to watch.

Collecting 80's and 90's television on home video (and torrents) is a hobby of mine and I could talk about it all day. :p
Baeraad
Forum Regular

Post by Baeraad »

You know, I'm watching a lot of those modern cartoons, and I'm still not seeing the supposedly anvilicious messages about how masculinity is toxic. If you just mean that the heroes all wear bright colours and talk about love and joy a lot, and the villains are all emotionally repressed soldier boys wearing drab uniforms, then yeah, but... that was pretty much the situation back in the 80s too.

I have no doubt that the creators are being stupid assholes on Twitter, mind you. But being a stupid asshole seems to be what Twitter is for.