2008-04-11: You're getting Elf gore on my coat.

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

2008-04-11: You're getting Elf gore on my coat.

Post by BloodHenge »

Yeah, I'm getting definite Tetsuo vibes here...

Also note he said "find him", not "find them". Doesn't sound like he plans on playing nice with Sarine, no matter what Meji says.
throwrug
Forum Regular

Re: 2008-04-11: You're getting Elf gore on my coat.

Post by throwrug »

He might if Meji asked him to, but I don't think it's of the same importance. She's an elf in a city of elves, she's probably relatively safe. For all Ian knows, she turned Meji in.
Viking-Sensei
Evil Admin Overlord
Twitter @: Kallisti_x

Post by Viking-Sensei »

The "pop" sound effect looked like it came from one of the magical light bulbs, which is in keeping with the sort of thing Sarine said when Ian's shock wave reached them in the floating city...

However I didn't notice the bulb the first couple times through, so I thought it was the elf that popped... which was even more hilarious.
How could a plan this awesome possibly fail?
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

The area of the hall looks still fairly well lit after. You sure it wasn't the elf going "pop?"
BloodHenge
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by BloodHenge »

throwrug wrote:He might if Meji asked him to, but I don't think it's of the same importance. She's an elf in a city of elves, she's probably relatively safe. For all Ian knows, she turned Meji in.
Read through the conversation again. It's like Ian doesn't even hear about Sarine. He hears about Jon, and then Sarine is a nonentity, too irrelevant even to waste the effort to think about her.
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Neko7 »

(DEU = Divine Energy Unit)

Finding psyshicly you girlfriend in a magic-warded elven prison = 20 DEU

Percing a hole true the montain and true the city wall to her cell = 65 DEU

Poping a elf guard Elf head telepathicly = 2 DEU

Seeing Ellis'face when he realised that someone might really the capacity to erase him from life if he make some very bad unconsidered comment... Priceless!
Neko7
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Neko7 »

BloodHenge wrote: Read through the conversation again. It's like Ian doesn't even hear about Sarine. He hears about Jon, and then Sarine is a nonentity, too irrelevant even to waste the effort to think about her.
The fact of the matter, Sarine IS irrevelent for him: He traveled with Jon, the only time he have seen sarine was when he blasted her trut the inn wall, therefor she nothing that he would care about.
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Alternate subject wrote:Pop, goes the weasel!
That said, no one mentioned Sara? I agree, Sarine is only tolerated because she's important to Meji.

We're going to get Ian to crash the Council party yet :)
Last edited by Slamlander on April 11th, 2008, 4:29 am, edited 2 times in total.
KurtDunn
Forum Regular

Post by KurtDunn »

Alternate title: "Tetsuo, eat your heart out."
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Viking-Sensei wrote:The "pop" sound effect looked like it came from one of the magical light bulbs, which is in keeping with the sort of thing Sarine said when Ian's shock wave reached them in the floating city...
I see a brief surge but no evidence of popping lights. The lights are still working afterward or the underground hall would have been pitch black in that area or at least substantially dimmer. Magical light sources do not "pop", I think.