2008-09-05 "...Or do you just go in the suit?"

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
RubberBandMan
Errant Scholar

2008-09-05 "...Or do you just go in the suit?"

Post by RubberBandMan »

Well, its good to see that John has been spending his time productivly. Odds that Sara is cornered by a 6 foot-4 inch fangirl?
Slamlander
Keeper of the Holy Algorithms
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Re: 20008-09-05 "...Or do you just go in the suit?"

Post by Slamlander »

The only thing that I can think of, unless it's talking to an armorer about her Durus Flammae staff. She has no other business in Praenubilis Astu. If Sarine didn't send her on an errand then Goddess alone knows what she's up to. However, I smell a setup line to a surprise chapter ending ;)
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

RubberBandMan wrote: Odds that Sara is cornered by a 6 foot-4 inch fangirl?
Pretty good, since I doubt elves will let her have any spare Durus Flamma blades, being highly praised ceremonial weapons and such.
Odds she's meditating are better though, since I think Sarine has a lot to say and chapter is creeping to it's end.
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

BTW, at least the unarmored guy has enough selfcontrol not to go banging his head against the wall in face of Jon's psychological warfare. Even between 'just' Meji and Jon there must be only so much an elf can take.
Slamlander
Location: Nyon, CH, near Geneve, on the shores of the Lac Leman. The heart of Suisse Romande.

Post by Slamlander »

Pillaroforder wrote:I doubt elves will let her have any spare Durus Flamma blades, being highly praised ceremonial weapons and such.
Odds she's meditating are better though, since I think Sarine has a lot to say and chapter is creeping to it's end.
Not spare but making her own easier to conceal :)

If she was only meditating, Jon would know where she is, he doesn't.

One potential plot twist, now that Sarine has an official mission to return Meji to Tsuiraku (Both, gets Meji home and Sarine out of their hair, without using a scarce guard detail), she can ask Misa to join her. She has enough clues that she probably knows where Senilis' crypt is, in the lands of the Northern Confederation (Former Dwarf Territory). Ergo, she is about to propose taking Meji home by way of Senilis' crypt.
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

Slamlander wrote:If she was only meditating, Jon would know where she is, he doesn't.
He actually hadn't had the chance to answer yet so that is unclear. He probably knows. Elves wouldn't let Sara wonder around when they have the rest of them under lock and key.
Slamlander

Post by Slamlander »

I had assumed that only Meji was under hack. Jon was just hanging around to make sure that they don't casually kill her, for being an Errant and to get out of guard duty.

Note that it has finally sunk into Meji's thick skull that half-elves are fair game for most elves and her sarcasm reflects that. She does trust Sarine, however. Sarine notwithstanding, Meji's probably not an Elf-Friend right now.
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

"I guess that's the elven equivalent of "smile-and-nod".

What are the odds that Sara is secretly assassinating somebody, say... Rarune? Maybe she's pulling a double-cross to frame Sarine.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Initial B wrote:What are the odds that Sara is secretly assassinating somebody, say... Rarune? Maybe she's pulling a double-cross to frame Sarine.
In the Poe-verse, it's a bad idea to give odds on anything. But why would she do that? She has no particular incentive either to hit Rarune or to frame Sarine -- quite the contrary, Sarine is her ticket out of there. Sara can't be dumb enough to think she can fight her way out. OTOH, I could very easily see Sara having disappeared from the crash pad to go conduct reconnaissance. When Sarine left, there had to be real uncertainty among Jon, Meji and Sara as to whether she'd be coming back. Stealthily finding an escape route, so that she doesn't have to fight her way out, wouldn't be a bad idea under those circumstances.

The 6'4" fangirl idea is certainly intriguing...

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
davester65
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by davester65 »

RubberBandMan wrote: Odds that Sara is cornered by a 6 foot-4 inch fangirl?
That would be my bet. how Sara reacts to Misa's attention would be amusing to see.