2008-11-24 "What were you thinking?!"

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
RubberBandMan
Errant Scholar

2008-11-24 "What were you thinking?!"

Post by RubberBandMan »

*Head*
*Hit*
*Desk*

Jeez Ian. You're freaking out Anita. That has to mean you've jumped off the deep end. Is it impossible for you to sit still for one fucking day?!? Did the goddess give you super-hyper ADHD?

Ian is off the deep end, no matter what he might say. And Anita might drool at the thought of been able to squat in the only remaining elven city, the most hardened structure without a god-made forcefield, but she might have to share it with Ian, and he's a bit unpredictable.
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Re: 2008-11-24 "What were you thinking?!"

Post by Pillaroforder »

RubberBandMan wrote:Ian is off the deep end, no matter what he might say. And Anita might drool at the thought of been able to squat in the only remaining elven city, the most hardened structure without a god-made forcefield, but she might have to share it with Ian, and he's a bit unpredictable.
I don't think Ian plans on leaving enough of the mountain let alone Praenubilus Astu standing to be of much use to Anita.
erewhon
Forum Regular

Post by erewhon »

Götterdämmerung!!!!
Forrest
Finally, some love for the BJ!

Post by Forrest »

Why do I not see the new comic yet? I have both force-refreshed and tried linking directly to what would be today's image's URL, and no luck.
-Forrest Cameranesi, Geek of All Trades
"I am Sam. Sam I am. I do not like trolls, flames, or spam."
Sareth
RPG All-Star

Post by Sareth »

Forrest wrote:Why do I not see the new comic yet? I have both force-refreshed and tried linking directly to what would be today's image's URL, and no luck.
Ian did it.
Pillaroforder
Heretical Monk

Post by Pillaroforder »

Sareth wrote:
Forrest wrote:Why do I not see the new comic yet? I have both force-refreshed and tried linking directly to what would be today's image's URL, and no luck.
Ian did it.
Well, someone did something, because I saw the new page and now it's gone!
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

Erm... we took it down.

See, originally this wasn't going to be the page going up today, but reading through the script it made more sense to NOT cut the chapter into five separate pieces, and to instead put the broken scenes back together again. As a result, there were some massive script revisions (not to mention art shuffling and revisions) that needed to be put into place. Unfortunately, Poe forgot that in making the changes, there needed to be a read-through of the revised scenes to be sure they had been polished right. So, he went ahead and posted the page, only to take it down again so that we could finish polishing the dialogue.

Long story short, we're doing that now, the page will be back shortly, and we're hoping to have the chapter up for download sometime tomorrow.

^-^'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
Itterind
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Itterind »

Huhm... it looks like Anita might not actually want to exterminate the elves after all. She's in a geopolitical maneuver war.
Or she could be unhappy with his strategy, wasting surprise.
But her reaction would be better if she really wanted it I think. I don't think she's a person who normally aims for the final solution of GENOCIDE!.

She's definitely not going to sacrifice a lot of monks to take them out in one blow. They'll probably cut a deal.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

Itterind wrote: But her reaction would be better if she really wanted it I think. I don't think she's a person who normally aims for the final solution of GENOCIDE!!.
Quite the contrary; she's entirely willing to wage GENOCIDE! against the Gewehr, after all. The problem here is that when Ian blasted off, SHE wasn't in control of it. Anita wants to be running this particular show. She's now coming to the realization that she isn't running it.

On one level, she's got a point here. Ian has blown their chance of a joint surprise attack that, at least in her own mind (although I don't think in reality), would have had a greater chance of success than what he did. But mainly, this is just her control-freak tendencies, plus the tendency to erupt when handed bad news (which Paul warned about earlier), coming out.

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
Initial B
Mage/Priest War Veteran

Post by Initial B »

But now the elves have time to bolster their defences, and they do have technology to counteract the Ensigerum time-magic. They'd lose a lot of warriors.