That Typos Thread

For talking about the plot, the art, the dialogue, the characters, the site, and the individual updates...
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Re: That Typos Thread

Post by Graybeard »

Imp-Chan wrote:Out of curiosity, have you noticed a change in the writing as well as the errors, or has it remained fairly consistent with Poe's usual style?

I've noticed several places where transitions were more jarring because we cut a lot of dialogue and didn't pay enough attention to the rhythm of the words, but I also may be reading a great deal more critically than most other people would.
Personally, I don't see any issues at all in this regard. The elven councilor Masaki (or was it Misaka? -- I can't keep his name straight) has some speech mannerisms, but I attribute those to using the High Political Mucky-Muck dialect more than anything else. The dialogue right before the scene shifted to Misa and Sara might have been just a tad ... terse; however, it didn't look "wrong."

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
wrog
Errant Scholar

Post by wrog »

2008-09-19 First panel: sacred => scared
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

2008-09-19 Visual typo? Staff is in Sara's hand, then on the floor in panel 4, then in her hand again in 5. Seems odd.
RubberBandMan
Errant Scholar

Post by RubberBandMan »

Also, from the last comic she went from kneeling on Misa's left to sitting on Misa's right. Granted, between those two comics I get the sense that they're talking more then what we're seeing. And the panel that you pointed out might be showing that there was a great long pause between what Sara said and then Misa's reply, and Sara just puts down and picks up her staff as a non-verbal tic.
Graybeard
The Heretical Admin

Post by Graybeard »

First one of these in a LONG time.

20081124: Panel 3, Ian's second bubble: "with a enough of your monks" should be "with enough of your monks"

Because old is wise, does good, and above all, kicks ass.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

20081210: panel 2, bubble 1: 'prefer' would fit better than 'preferred'. Or else "I could have requested... if you [had] preferred". What she's saying is a realistic error for someone sliding between sentences but not in itself.
Imp-Chan
Not Yet Dead
Twitter @: ImpChan

Post by Imp-Chan »

I've been in a depressive funk so bad I've gotten basically no work done in over a month. This page hasn't been checked aside from a quick once-over on a script printout. There will probably be mistakes throughout this chapter, since I'm going to have Poe go ahead and put it up for download sans editing, since he can't just wait around for me to feel better.

-_-'
Because scary little devil girls have to stick together.
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Sorry to hear about the funk, Impy. Hope you get better.

2008-12-15: panel 4: "So you want to Tsuiraku's help". Extra 'to' or missing verbs.
Key
New Poster

Post by Key »

Panel 2 - Councilman Hinadori: "I must thank you for returning my granddaughter, she is currently with her mother and a friend."
Panel 3 - Sarine Elle: "...I'm afraid that young man was the cause of both the attacks on Veracia..." I might be wrong, but there was only one attack on Veracia, wasn't there? The way the sentence is structured implies two attacks on Veracia.
Panel 4 - Councilman Hinadori: "So you want to Tsuiraku's help..."
mindstalk
Typo-Seeking Missile

Post by mindstalk »

Well, there was Saus, but to quote Gil Wulfenbach, "he threw a bomb at me!" Not Ian's fault elves attacked a target who knew how to fight back.